Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SlayeR

Post Thanks / Like

One more thing, we (my family) found that shooting the bow without the grips on has less potential for torque errors from slight holding errors at arrow launch. They look really cool under the grip without the grips on too.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Must have smaller hands than I do, wear an XL glove, Elkslayer's paws are even bigger. Even elkslayer9x8 wear an XL glove, but then, we all need C nitrous cams. I'm short, 5'10", but could still reach an 8 foot ceiling when I was drywalling. Yeah, I can almost reach my knees while standing, ape armed. Es is 6'4", and 9x8, the 16 yo, is 6'1"and still growing!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

3. Likes mxtuner1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually the original post (#1) when Pete said it (2005 Cranberry Slayr) strutted in.....Is wrong. When Slayrs arrive...other bows bow down before it. Respect is immediately given and surrendered. You better hide your women, they are not safe, if they know what is best for them. Luckily dogs cower away or they might get a backside boot. He is a take no prisoners type of guy. Clint Eastwood would back away to leave out the back door. Even Chuck Norris knows what would be best for his health...run! Only select owners can corral the beast...but only because he wants you too and let's you. It is mutually beneficial so that's why Mr. (not MRS!) Slayr allows one to release a few arrows downrange. I feel for what is in the crosshairs! As owners, much responsibility has the potential for great rewards.
    Last edited by mxtuner1; 03-07-2014 at 11:34 PM.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

5. Likes CLT Bluesman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mxtuner1 View Post
    Actually the original post (#1) when Pete said it (2005 Cranberry Slayr) strutted in.....Is wrong. When Slayrs arrive...other bows bow down before it. Respect is immediately given and surrendered. You better hide your women, they are not safe, if they know what is best for them. Luckily dogs cower away or they might get a backside boot. He is a take no prisoners type of guy. Clint Eastwood would back away to leave out the back door. Even Chuck Norris knows what would be best for his health...run! Only select owners can corral the beast...but only because he wants you too and let's you. It is mutually beneficial so that's why Mr. (not MRS!) Slayr allows one to release a few arrows downrange. I feel for what is in the crosshairs! As owners, much responsibility has the potential for great rewards.
    Yeah! What he said.
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

7. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love mine... Great bow
    Rhody Creek Archery 406-564-8372
    Authorized Martin Dealer
    Martin Factory Staff, Trophy Taker Pro-Staff, Bohning Pro-Staff, Gold Tip Advisory Staff, Bust-A-Buck Sales Rep (MT)

Post Thanks / Like

image.jpgimage.jpg

Yep! Has arrived. Virgins to the right non-virgins to the left, boz lookout the king is here. I have her put together and sighted out from 30 to 90 Yards. Shooting about 277 with a 400g arrow. Off this weekend and will shoot more to get a better feel for her.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

I see that you were able to get sighted in out to 90 yds, is your HHA bottomed out, or do you still have more slide left?

Post Thanks / Like

Look at that beautiful Slayr. Sitting on the deck patrolling. Keeping owner and family safe. And even anything on the snow covered peak in background is not safe. Very beautiful picture, Pete.

12. Likes CLT Bluesman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

image.jpgES I put the HHA on my centroid as I couldn't wait. Put a trophy taker on the SlayR at this time. Plan is to get anther HHA for the SlayeR as the HHA is a much smother sight than the TT. The TT is from top to bottom 30-90. The SlayeR seams to shoot the 30 yard pin from 19-30 yards without adjustment. I'm sure even more with a lighter arrow. It's like a kid in high school learning to un snap a bra. I just need some more time on the range with the King. I did hit 307 with a lighter arrow, 27" at 7.4g. Will figure out total weight tommarrow and draw weight once I get time off work. Thx MXs , as you can see not everything in the great state of AZ is desert. The peaks are at 13,000 feet. We're at 7000 feet.
    Last edited by Tosi; 03-11-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

14. Likes CLT Bluesman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Sword Centurian is very similar to the HHAs, has more adjustment ( 3rd axis ) After HHA has lead slider sight sales for the last 7-8 years, it seems that everybody has one now, but its hard to beat HHAs, kinda like Martin, their CS is top notch, if you ever need it. Right now I do, have to send in one of mine, lost the bubble somehow.