Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 100 yard group thread ?????

Post Thanks / Like

No greenery yet either. It's currently 22 degrees.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yep weather has not been very good for shooting up here in the NW... well not bows anyways lol. Between the wind and the rain longer than 40 is hard to keep on target. I won't miss the bag but those dots have been pesky things in this weather
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I will get into the mix here sometime in the next two weeks. I have some pics of some 100 yard groups with my Strother SX Rush. I just got my Rytera Seeker 365 set up and tuned the rest and sighted in for 20 yards. I will have to go to the range to get the rest of the sight all dialed. Here are some pics of my 100 yard groups from the SX Rush with more to come when the seeker is ready to go. I will take some better photos when I go out with the seeker of where it is launching from to where it is impacting.
    100 yard group with the SX Rush take three wide.jpg100 yard group with the SX Rush take two.jpg100 yard group with the SX Rush.jpg
    bwhntr7973
    2012 Martin Rytera Seeker 365; 68 lbs. at 28" DL; Beman ICS Hunters 400 @ 27.25" tipped with 100 gr. Anarchy Head
    2012 Strother SX Rush; 71 lbs. at 28" DL; Goldtip XT Hunter 7595 @ 27.25" tipped with 100 gr. Anarchy Head

4. Thanks Arrow Splitter thanked for this post
    Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, that's some pretty good shooting. I doubt that I can even see 100 yards any more. Getting too old and my bifocals won't focus that far out.
    Last edited by bfisher; 04-29-2014 at 11:25 AM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Honestly, that's some pretty good shooting. I doubt that I can even see 100 yards any more. Getting too old and my bifocals won't focus that far out.
    This is why Speciality Archery makes Clairifers and Verifiers, and HHA makes lens! But you knew that.
    Last edited by bfisher; 04-29-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    This is why Speciality Archery makes Clairifers and Verifiers, and HHA makes lens! But you knew that.
    Yeah, and I have a 4X lens and Verifiers. I'm considering just trying a pair of +1.25 or +1.50 reading glasses. As it is, I'm far sighted and still can't see thru a peep with glasses on. I'm not going to say it sucks getting old. Getting old is just part of the game of life, and I've got a lot to be thankful for. For one thing I have, or HAD, more disposable income. Just a month ago I went and wrote a check for $125K to buy my daughter a new house (pending divorce). There are certain school districts I will not allow my 3 yr. old granddaughter to attend so I had to look out for her. Now I own two houses, but a smaller bank account.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwhntr7973 View Post
    I will get into the mix here sometime in the next two weeks. I have some pics of some 100 yard groups with my Strother SX Rush. I just got my Rytera Seeker 365 set up and tuned the rest and sighted in for 20 yards. I will have to go to the range to get the rest of the sight all dialed. Here are some pics of my 100 yard groups from the SX Rush with more to come when the seeker is ready to go. I will take some better photos when I go out with the seeker of where it is launching from to where it is impacting.
    100 yard group with the SX Rush take three wide.jpg100 yard group with the SX Rush take two.jpg100 yard group with the SX Rush.jpg
    Holy Crap! That is some tight grouping for 100 yards. Nice shooting!!! I knew you target guys could drop them in at that range.
    Bought a Martin, Then my wife gave me a Rytera so.......I joined the forum.
    Then won the Elite on Archery Talk.
    I am blessed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver55 View Post
    Holy Crap! That is some tight grouping for 100 yards. Nice shooting!!! I knew you target guys could drop them in at that range.
    Funny thing is, I do not consider myself a target shooter at all. I practice in the backyard out to 30 yards, go to usually around 6 3-D shoots a year and every once in awhile practice at the range so I can get some real yardage. I shoot my exact set-up I am hunting with and do not even own a "target bow". I am just a hunter that likes to shoot my bow and if I can shoot at least 5 times a week I am happy and doing good. During the summer I will venture to the range to shoot long yardage at least once every week, but I teach during the school year so it gives me flexible weeks in the summer. Thanks for all the compliments though, I do work hard at honing my craft.
    bwhntr7973
    2012 Martin Rytera Seeker 365; 68 lbs. at 28" DL; Beman ICS Hunters 400 @ 27.25" tipped with 100 gr. Anarchy Head
    2012 Strother SX Rush; 71 lbs. at 28" DL; Goldtip XT Hunter 7595 @ 27.25" tipped with 100 gr. Anarchy Head

10. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone else yet?
    Bought a Martin, Then my wife gave me a Rytera so.......I joined the forum.
    Then won the Elite on Archery Talk.
    I am blessed.