Thread: Martin or High Country

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin or High Country

Hello I'm new to the Martin Forum page and this is my first post. Anyways I'm in the market for a new bow. As of right now I'm shooting a Martin Saber Pro SE. I love my bow it shoots good but want something with a little more speed for those longer shots. I've shot pretty much every bow on the market except the new Martin bows. I really like the High Country X-10 and Iron Mace. Those bows are nice but since I have a Martin bow already I would like to shot a new Martin bow before I pull the trigger and get something I'm not going to be happy with. My question is has anyone shot the new Alien or Nemesis and have also shot the High Country X-10 and Iron Mace. I have look and called every Archery Shop in the Oklahoma City and surrounding areas but nobody has a the new bows yet and don't know when they will get any new bows or if they will continue being a Martin dealer. I just someones opinion on what they think about these bows. Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. Finding a dealer is a pain. I bought mine from eBay after doing a lot of research. The Onxa is my favorite. Good luck.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Finding a dealer has been a problem for a lot of people. I was fortunate that I was at a show recently and dealer had a couple I was able to try! I just ordered a 2013 Onza XT from eBay!!
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

If the lithium shoots anything like it's four-father with single limbs, I buy it without shooting it. Wish I never sold it to a bud.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had plenty of Martins and shot them all very well and never had an issue. The Iron Mace is an awesome bow! 33.5" ata 7"bh, 340IBO. Smooth draw, solid wall, quiet, accurate killin machine. Let-off adjustable with limb stops from 65-80%. Also has rotating mods. The X-10 is supposed to be a step up from the IM. The 2014 Axis is the X-10 w split limbs but uses draw specific mods like Martin does.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Martin's new 2014 line up is awesome we have them all in-stock so all you have to do is go to our website http://www.fishingandhuntingusa.com/
    We have a special promotion going on now because we are heading to the Grand Rapids Michigan Outdoor Show this week.
    When you check out just type in the promo code GRMAR14 and you will get 10% off everything on our website.

7. Thanks webbnate_45 thanked for this post
    Likes webbnate_45 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finding a Martin dealer with anything in stock you can try is difficult at best, and around here where I live it is impossible. If your interested in Martin best you can do is research the heck out of it, ask guys on here what they think of certain models, and go from there. If testing it first is a must a new Martin is likely not in your future. That being said, I bought mine (Nemesis) off ebay on a prayer it would be half as good as the reviews I had read and it has far exceeded my expectations. If you do buy online, I recommend using a dealer, like fishingandhuntingUSA. If I had been able to find a dealer when I was buying that had them I would have bought through them and not ebay, I like giving my money to more local shops that employ real people who care about the brand and know their crap.
    Genesis 21:20 - And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.

Post Thanks / Like

If the martin bow you have is setup right for you. And you said it shoots good, but needs more speed. Why look anywhere else. Get a newer speed & power martin bow.