Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PANTERA isues

Post Thanks / Like

Default PANTERA isues

Hey Martin Family!

I own a 2013 Martin Pantera and to say I have had issues with it is an understatement. I wont bore everyone with the past and am hoping to gain some insight into the present issues. I had to fit the bow with a set of Barnsdale limbs. Once we did that most of the issues went away. The bow shot 50% better with the new limbs and I had no further issues. Until now. There is an audible "CLICK" every 2nd or 3rd time I draw back the bow. I am fearful there is a defect somewhere undetectable with the naked eye. I do most of my tuning and setup myself and have for 15 years so I am comfortable working on it. I'm fearful because a similar "CLICK" could be heard one month after I got the bow. That time the upper limb had split for no reason and became the first time I had to deal with limb failure with Martin. After the 3rd set (yes third set) we finally put on the custom made limbs and there were as I said no further issues. To help diagnose here is some more info: it only makes the click when I BEGIN to draw the bow back. It only does it when DRAWING the bow. ( if i draw and let down there is no click)
    Other than that there are no MAJOR problems. The finish on the bow is terrible. It's cosmetic and I was told by Martin there would be a fee to dip it again which I dont understand or agree with at all. The bow is not 9 months old and much of the camo finish is worn off the handle.
    I bought another Martin because I believed in this company. I carried a Martin through the mountains of Colorado for over 10 years and never ONCE did I have an isse with it and the camo is still in terrific shape. The quality of their bows certainly took a dive and I would never have bought it had I known that. I sincerely hope the new team there can turn things around and if anyone else out there owns a Pantera I would love to hear from you here or at my email MatthewJLandis@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like

Did you relube the limb pockets when you installed the new limbs? I had a Firecat do the exact same thing you are describing. Tore it down, lubed it up, and no problems since.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

3. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

X2 to the above. I think that just might be the problem.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

x3 on the lube. I had a pantera 2012 same bow as u and never had an issue all year with it now my brother has it and still no issue but I feel ya on the limb situation as I had 3 failures on a 2011 silencer sometimes I think there is more to blame than the limbs maybe the roto cup angle was off on the riser or somethin but since then Ive had 5 other martins 2012z and no limb issues yet and I shoot alot almost every day rain or shine just makes me feel good to shoot.
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site. I am sorry you are having those problems. Only 9 months old, I think they should re-dip it for nothing. But if they are using the same process, the issue might repeat. Their reply to re-dip for a fee is the kind of reply that is not going to engender brand loyalty.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

Limb pockets and roto cups for sure would be the first place to check. My Cheetah was making a little bit of a noise on draw and it turned out that my cable rod set screws had come loose a little, so the rod is what was causing the noise. Check the pockets/cups and then all hardware for sure.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

8. Likes Hutch~n~Son Archery liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the other hand I had the same issue witha Pantera. I replaced lube and Martin even sent new limb pockets. It was the bottom cam bearing. Martin set a new cam bottom and wala.
    Last edited by Tosi; 03-19-2014 at 08:15 PM.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this all seems like so much trouble to put up with. What happened to a good product right out of the box? Lots of little issues it seems like. I would hate that if I paid my good money for something. Just saying.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

If the click started when the new limbs were installed, I would look for a fitment issue at the roto cup. the finish on the new limbs may be a bit thicker causing the limbs to stick slightly during the draw cycle, then once they reach a certain point they move causing the click, Seen this a few times when limbs were replaced.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Limb bolts. Loosen, lube, and retighten. Had same issue.