Thread: Can't find arrow rest for Martin bow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't find arrow rest for Martin bow

I bought (2) Limited Edition Martin Jaguar Bonz camo bow 25-60# Fury XT Ultra Cam and I am having trouble finding an arrow rest for the bows. I looked on Ebay and there is a Martin Simplicity arrow rest where the mount looks like a c-shape. The mounting hole on the bow is long and would require screws w/nuts to attach an arrow rest. However, I searched online and stores like Dick's and all the arrow rests I've seen only have 2 screws, no bolts. My Martin bow doesn't have holes drilled in it for two screws. I need help!!!

Here is the link to the Martin arrow rest on Ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Martin-S...item1c3b1aa475

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post a pic?
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

if your rest hole is the one without threaded holes you will need a nut on the backside and most rest will work for ya but I dont think that rest will work would know more if ya put a picture up of where the rest mounts

Post Thanks / Like

You can mount a martin rest using their lock mount (the C shaped attachment) or a standard rest by using a longer bolt and nut. It is hard to find a fine threaded 5/16 bolt, so most of the time I use a standard thread 5/16 cap bolt and nut. I've been able to find them at lowes and home depot. You'll want to use a jam nut since they are 1/2 the width of a standard sized nut.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OnzaXX View Post
    You can mount a martin rest using their lock mount (the C shaped attachment) or a standard rest by using a longer bolt and nut. It is hard to find a fine threaded 5/16 bolt, so most of the time I use a standard thread 5/16 cap bolt and nut. I've been able to find them at lowes and home depot. You'll want to use a jam nut since they are 1/2 the width of a standard sized nut.
    Try Fastenal
    https://www.fastenal.com/web/home
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Tsimonton, welcome to the forum! If you don't mind me asking, is the rest you're looking at specifically the one you want, or were you just hoping for a Martin brand rest to go on your Martin bow? Just about any rest out there would work, and if you want something simple Martin sells the Wildman brand rests on their website, or you can pick up something like a Whisker Biscuit as well. Both are super simple and work well...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tsimonton View Post
    I bought (2) Limited Edition Martin Jaguar Bonz camo bow 25-60# Fury XT Ultra Cam and I am having trouble finding an arrow rest for the bows. I looked on Ebay and there is a Martin Simplicity arrow rest where the mount looks like a c-shape. The mounting hole on the bow is long and would require screws w/nuts to attach an arrow rest. However, I searched online and stores like Dick's and all the arrow rests I've seen only have 2 screws, no bolts. My Martin bow doesn't have holes drilled in it for two screws. I need help!!!

Here is the link to the Martin arrow rest on Ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Martin-S...item1c3b1aa475
    What you are refering to is called a "slide slot", I wish most bows used them today...as they utilized a nut that fit snugly in the slot whereby you had double the rest movement allowed. The nut moved to and fro along with the slot in the rest (unless you utilized the "C" type as you refered to it. Also if by chance you cross threaded the nut or stripped it all you had to do was replace the nut...your riser would still be undamaged. I believed they discontinued this riser style around '02 or '03.