Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nemesis limbs peeling..anything to worry about?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nemesis limbs peeling..anything to worry about?

I know there have been some problems with splitting and peeling on the earlier Nemesis limbs. Although mine haven't split(yet) I have just noticed a small section of peeling on the inside of the upper limb ..it's in a horizontal line across the limb as per the attached photos.

My bow is a 2011 model, never dry fired and not heavily shot and due to shoulder issues I've not shot it at more than 50#(currently set at 45#).
    My question is..... is the peeling likely to lead to limb failure? ... or is it just cosmetic.?

I can only assume the peeling will only get worse over time and with tournaments approaching here in Oz I don't want to have a complete bow failure mid shoot or be left without a bow to shoot at all.
    Chris

IMG_20140303_120458-1.jpgIMG_20140303_120458-2.jpg
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My archery club's website: www.geelongarchers.page.tl
    Martin Rytera Alien Nemesis.. Trophy Taker Micro rest, Sureloc Supreme 550 sight w/Cartel Scope, 30" Fuse Carbon Blade + v-bar and 2 x 12" Fomax Carbon stabs. Stan Shootoff Quatro Trigger, 450 Carbon Ones

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not positive that it will lead to limb failure, but I'd get those limbs replaced. Those layers will probably start peeling off, and that will be an eventual problem. Just give Martin a call and you should be well taken care of.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Arrow Splitter ..thought that'd be the case but thought I'd post on here to see from other's experiences with these limbs if I was likely to see a sudden limb failure mid shoot.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Martin Rytera Alien Nemesis.. Trophy Taker Micro rest, Sureloc Supreme 550 sight w/Cartel Scope, 30" Fuse Carbon Blade + v-bar and 2 x 12" Fomax Carbon stabs. Stan Shootoff Quatro Trigger, 450 Carbon Ones

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are doing the same thing, and I have replaced them once already

Post Thanks / Like

Me? I'd worry!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

6. Likes webbnate_45, Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are these Barnsdales?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Are these Barnsdales?
    I think they may be the Powertuf limbs .. numbers/letter on each limb read:
    Bottom limb: 4MP 6161
    Top limb: 1MP 6201 or ( 6261)looks more like a zero than a six
    I'm assuming the "1"MP is supposed to be a "4"MP although there is no wear on or around the number that shows that it was ever a 4

I've read on here in another post that the "P" identifies the limbs as PowerTuf
    Last edited by dropbear; 03-12-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

just call Martin 800-541-8902 if you are the original owner and it's registered they will replace them I am sure

10. Thanks dropbear thanked for this post
    Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

x2 Call Martin.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your opinions and info guys, much appreciated. Yes, original owner. Have just seen my dealer who believes the limbs won't die on me as it's more cosmetic than structural but has taken photos should a claim be necessary.
    I'm down here in Australia and have a tournament to shoot in this weekend so will give Martin a call next week.
    I use my Nemesis for target archery and the odd bit of field..love the bow, and it's the only Nemesis on the shooting line at any target shoot here downunder. Martin haven't got much a a dealer network down here as it's pretty much dominated by Hoyt, PSE and Matthews.