Thread: new member with Nemesis questions

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default new member with Nemesis questions

Well I purchased a used one for my stepson who lives in another state I had him go to a proshop and measure his draw being left handed we had little luck finding a bow in the shops so I went online . Problem is they measured him at 27.5 so I bought the nemesis thinking were good he flew in last night problem its to long I measure him at 26.5 the bow only goes down to 27 do I need new cams or is there a way to get an extra 1/2 inch. Any thoughts from Nemesis guru"s.

Post Thanks / Like

if it has nitro or hybrix 2.0 cams u could swap for a 1.5 cam wich will shorten it or u could shorten with the drawstop but will loose some let off have u set it at 27 and let him see how it feels sometimes they run a little on the short side atleast my martins do
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a 26.5" draw on some bows and 27" on others, 27" is perfect on my Aliens.

Post Thanks / Like

You can set it at the lowest setting, and then move the drawstop to its lowest setting. If that still doesn't do it, you can add some twists to the shoot string and get another quarter inch or so. You'll probably need to let a twist or two out of the cables to maintain draw weight, but that's ok because it will also take a smidge from the drawlegth as well, just not as much as twisting the shoot string will. Any decent bow shop can help with this as well.

If that gets close, but no cigar, he can try shooting off the string instead of a release loop (assuming he's shooting with a release aid). This doesn't really affect the drawlength, but it may make it more comfortable for him. Also, if he is using a release, he can get one that has small pinchers on the front and has a trigger that is further forward than most... I use a Scott Wildcat for that same reason... Hope that helps!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps