Thread: New Shooter and Looking for advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Shooter and Looking for advice

Im mostly new to bow shooting so looking for some advice, bought a 2013 nitro alien 3.0 and need to know is a whisper biscuit will fit my bow also need a good sight if any of you are from Central Virginia Id like to find a dealer to help me set this bow up ok looking for answers and thanks

Post Thanks / Like

It will work and welcome to archery u got an awesome bow
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! I believe you will be able to use a whisker biscuit with no problem! As far as sights what are you looking for fixed pins, adjustable will you be hunting or 3d? Shooting from the ground or a tree stand? Just need a little more info and I am sure we can help you out! Congrats on the new bow.
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver

2010 Martin Bone Hunter
    QAD Ultra rest LD
    AXT Pro 30 3 pin sight
    Bow String Depot Custom String Set
    5" Octane Ultralite stabilizer
    Octane Deadlock Lite Quiver

Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard...

First, you don't need a Martin dealer to help you get going. Any good archery shop can do that.

More than likely, yes, a Whisker Biscuit will work on your Alien. Whisker Biscuits and their kind have changed many times. So make sure of fit before buying. A good dealer will work with you.

So many sights on the market.... Normally a 3 pin will get the job done. I'd opt for a .019" or .029" diameter pin.

Peep should be of size to either center the pin (s) or center the housing of the sight.

You didn't note draw weight, draw length or spine of arrows. Again, a good archery shop.........
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

First, welcome to the forum...... Second, welcome to the Martin family! As others have said the whisker biscuit should work. As for a sight, I prefer a 3 pin. Of course if you are using it for more than hunting and target practice you may want a 5 pin for additional yardage. Just go to the closest archery shop to you and they will help you set it up with whatever it needs and have you shooting in only a couple mins. And fairly cheap too, shops around here only charge a $10 fee to install a peep sight, d loop, and help get your bow sighted in. Good luck to ya!
    Genesis 21:20 - And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place to ask a question. Most of the guys in here have forgot more about archery than most normal archers will ever know.
    Bought a Martin, Then my wife gave me a Rytera so.......I joined the forum.
    Then won the Elite on Archery Talk.
    I am blessed.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site! This place is loaded with knowledge. Go through the different topics, and you will find it all here. Even how to delicately walk in Wal-Mart aisles. It is all here!!
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like everyone pretty much has this covered, so I'll simply say welcome to the forum, and congrats on a really sweet bow!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum jnmorris.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com