Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Strings Broke Today

MarkFrantz

Default My Strings Broke Today

I had my Bow at full draw today and my Y-Cable broke about 2'' above the slider , let me tell ya what a feeling that is !! the arrow went about 10 yards and was broke in half , I just purchased this Martin Bow in December and maintained it very well whats the chances Martin will stand by the strings ?

flytier17

I think no warrenty on strings, but i am not sure.

Time to call pro-string or as bfisher says, Bucknasty.

I responded on bowcountry as well.

MarkFrantz

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    I think no warrenty on strings, but i am not sure.

Time to call pro-string or as bfisher says, Bucknasty.

I responded on bowcountry as well.
    I was just wandering ! Yeah i'm waiting for Stringy to pop in to tell him to get twistin ...LOL....I was ordering a set from him this week anyways , but wasnt supposed to be under these circumstances ...oh well sh!t happens.

dbd870

Check over your limbs etc. as well for damage. That's really unfortunate!

cdfirefighter1

I would really look that bow over for other damage.. look at the limbs especially..

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree. Look the bow over. Pay particular attention to the limb tips and fork area.

I've had this happen a few times in my career and I can almost laugh. I know it's not funny, but as you said sh!t happens.

I've seen it happen with strings only a couple days old. Mkaes ya wonder about these guys who shoot the same strings for 5-10 years and nothing happens. Luck of the draw, I guess.

You could call Joel or Jake and see if they'll give you new ones, being as the bow is only a couple months old. You have nothing to lose.

Hey, what color strings are you having made. How come nobody takes my advice and gets purple and pink?

MarkFrantz

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I would agree. Look the bow over. Pay particular attention to the limb tips and fork area.

I've had this happen a few times in my career and I can almost laugh. I know it's not funny, but as you said sh!t happens.

I've seen it happen with strings only a couple days old. Mkaes ya wonder about these guys who shoot the same strings for 5-10 years and nothing happens. Luck of the draw, I guess.

You could call Joel or Jake and see if they'll give you new ones, being as the bow is only a couple months old. You have nothing to lose.

Hey, what color strings are you having made. How come nobody takes my advice and gets purple and pink?
    Well i know it would be worth a shot to call Joel or Jake , but i do have about 2000 shots or better on them since Christmas anymore on a nice Saturday afternoon Ill shoot 150 arrows easy thats not including my 2 trips aweek to the indoor Range at Bass Pro , so i'm not going to push the issue . Well i decided to go with a guy i've been talking to for awhile instead of ProStrings , Nothing wrong with ProStrings Just decided to go with a more local guy called M&R Bow Strings , a small guy that makes alot of strings and his price was right , i called tonight and ordered them Tan & Green with Green serving and green release loops , He twisted them up and called me back a couple hours latter and said they were done and even served for my string suppressor hees Priority Mailing them out to me Tomorrow and said i didnt have to Pay Pall him till i recieved the strings and liked them and tried them , Not two many guys will do that for Ya a very nice guy to talk to if anyone is interested i'll post his #

dbd870

How come nobody takes my advice and gets purple and pink?
    My daughter is going for either that combo or purple/yellow for her next set.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbd870 View Post
    My daughter is going for either that combo or purple/yellow for her next set.

Glad to see that somebody knows there are other colors in this world besides some sort of camo.

I have a new FireCat coming, in camo, and I think I'm going to try to set and example and a set from Bucknasty in Pink & Purple. Somebody has to try to start a new trend.

Mark, sounds like you have a decent deal there. Try 'em before you pay? Not many will do that. What is he charging if I may ask?

Barry

flytier17

I got mine in orange/silver with orange/black cables and hot green serving, loops, and peep and rest tie-in.