Thread: Backyard Visitors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Backyard Visitors

Been having these guys show up pretty regularly lately. Hoping to do a little grooming to that area and make a few sits this coming season ... oh yeah less than 40 yards from the corner of the house, 41 from the back steps. I could put up a blind on the roof of my porch and be good to go.

2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I counted 6, and so close to the road too. I am getting excited about deer season just looking at that video. Thanks!
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Bluesman View Post
    Wow, I counted 6, and so close to the road too. I am getting excited about deer season just looking at that video. Thanks!
    Get an average of 12-16 in the field on the other side of the house pretty regularly lately as well. Have had the dog bust out 5 when letting him out in the morning in this same area. Kicked a group out the other morning when I came home late from being out with my brother. They like to bed right under that tree.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool video. One thing I have never done is hunt my own property. I like watching them too much to risk scaring them off. Have had several times when I could make a 20 yard shot out the back door on deer though. lol
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

5. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

droppixel, I know I don't know you personally but can I live with you for awhile during deer season? please and thank you! awesome video.
    Genesis 21:20 - And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.

7. Likes CLT Bluesman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you allowed to bait or feed the deer in your state? If so, you can increase your 'in the yard' deer by setting up a PVC corn feeder, or use one of the 5 gallon bucket timer operated feeders that I see every year at Wally World for about 10 bucks. Couple advantages with those, saves you corn, more deer eating less corn, dispersal can be set for duration and at your best times. Deer will adjust to whatever time you set the table for them.
    I ran a test using a PVC feeder, made mine L shaped, and cut a trough at the bottom. A deer would stick it's nose into the trough and eat till the corn was gone, while other deer stood waiting to graze. Made the economy PVC feeder rather expencive, could go through 50#s in a week easily. But had a lot of deer in the yard, area looked like a feed lot after a month.
    Deer feeder.jpg
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

No baiting in IL - no "feeding" either. But I can't control them if I plant vegetation on my property that they happen to snack on. That is how I see it.

10. Likes NuttyNative liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha my uncle has a property up in the mountains in eastern Oregon and he shot his elk off his front porch one year . I think my aunt put a stop to it after that though lol.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    No baiting in IL - no "feeding" either. But I can't control them if I plant vegetation on my property that they happen to snack on. That is how I see it.
    Got a point!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade