Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting to lose patience and respect for Martin customer service

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your ever so helpful advise, Barry. I'll be going to SW this afternoon after work to see what they've learned after talking with Martin. I'll also call SW before that to pass on your recommendation for whom to talk to. I'll keep this thread updated as more is learned. Thanks again to all for your feedback and helpful comments - much appreciated.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

OK, here's a new wrinkle I just learned from talking with the SW pro. He called and spoke with John (someone new to Martin and the customer service dept) and briefed him on the whole situation. After listening to this, John said one of the problems compounding this situation is that shortly after the new owners took over Martin operations, they cleared out (i.e, got rid of) a lot of older stock items. That apparently left them with low draw weight (45 to 50-lb) limbs and very high DW (80-90) limbs and nothing in between (like 60-70 lb). John apparently also suggested he would swap out my bow for a Blade X4 at a cost to me of somewhere around $240-$270. The SW pro said he can't speak for me as to whether this would be acceptable or not. When he told me this I couldn't believe Martin would even consider this acceptable - swapping my upper-end, dual-cam performance bow for a low-end single-cam, lower performance bow AND charging me that much money in the process. The SW pro was also taken aback by this offer. I then passed on Barry's suggestion of calling Jason Erdman to see what he can possibly do. Hopefully I'll have more and better news later this afternoon when I go to SW.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishingandHuntingUSA View Post
    Any time you start frankensteining a bow, which is basically what happened, they were trying to replace parts not meant for your bow.
    No one knows quite what you will end up with, Martin should have just said they do not have the correct limbs or cams for your bow
    and offered a discount for you to trade in on a new bow. When the new owners took over it was a night mare and they actually did not have to
    make good on all the warranties issues of the previous owners. They are doing this which is causing problems and costing them a lot of money.
    I would call them personally and see if they would be willing to let you trade in that bow that can not be fixed correctly.
    They have come a long way in just few months but have a giant mess to clean up while trying to build back a company that
    was ran into the ground.
    If I'm reading this right, "the frankenbow" was brought on by Martin not Rockyhud. I personally don't think he should have to pay anything for an "upgrade" after what he's been through at no fault of his own.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Rocky, Blade for the price quoted is, as you have deduced, not a good deal. Maybe a talk with Rich Weatherford would be even better. Certainly the new CEO would not have to ask anybody for permission when making a decision. Oh, and just for your info, when shipping a bow back to Martin or any manufacturer it's advisable to strip all your accessories from the bow. This has always been stated in the warranty. They are not responsible for loss or damage to such parts.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Rocky, Blade for the price quoted is, as you have deduced, not a good deal. Maybe a talk with Rich Weatherford would be even better. Certainly the new CEO would not have to ask anybody for permission when making a decision. Oh, and just for your info, when shipping a bow back to Martin or any manufacturer it's advisable to strip all your accessories from the bow. This has always been stated in the warranty. They are not responsible for loss or damage to such parts.
    x2 to this. I hope it all works out for you Rocky.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Once again, thank you very much, Barry. I will definitely take your advice and remove all accessories if (hopefully when) the bow gets shipped for repairs. And thanks for suggesting Rich as a contact. I've also talked with the SW pro since my last post and he said Jason told him when the new owners took over the facilities were basically bare - no materials left from the earlier operations - which at least partially explains the lack of limbs available. He's supposedly also going to look into what options might exist to resolve this. Also passed on during the call was the swap for a Blade X4 was not acceptable and a suggestion made that Martin buy a set of 70-lb Gordon Glass limbs for my bow, to restore it. I told the SW pro that if we can't get Martin to come to an acceptable outcome that I will take my bow back and ship it to Barnsdale Archery so David can have it on hand to determine which limbs he makes that will produce 70-lb DW. The SW pro suggested I call Jason and suggest this as another option, with Martin footing the bill. I called but Jason wasn't in so I left a message requesting he call back. I'm hoping he'll return my call before I meet with the SW pro this afternoon to decide the next moves. Man, what a bunch of drama this has developed into.

7. Likes wscywabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I give you credit for your extreme patience. Some people wouldn't have made it so long. Hang in there, and hopefully this will reach an agreeable conclusion.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

9. Likes wscywabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliment, AS. During my lifetime I've discovered that patience is definitely a virtue, especially when working through situations that aren't happening as one believes they should be. It's not always that easy to maintain but it sure has helped a number of times. That said, there is a point when applying even the most patience doesn't produce the desirable results and a person has to decide when to cut their losses and move on. I'm not there yet and hopefully it won't get to that point.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Rocky... I'm glad to see you keeping your head, its more than many could do in the situation. It doesn't surprise me that they are low on parts, considering they were out of production for a while and the amount of frankenbows they were selling though their other outlets (i.e.; KM Archery). I hope they get you sorted out soon, and at the very least offer you a better alternative. Although having them outsource to Barnesdale would probably be the best bet... and make sure they get the right length strings!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Rocky, I say wow, but I am not that surprised. I read somewhere else about a guy whose camo was wearing off prematurely, and they did not want to cover that either. I think the new owner needs to get involved directly in customer service issues. He needs to set the tone, and how customer service is delivered. Especially when folks are spending their hard earned money. I applaud your patience and measured response. Your right, that always seems to work better than going off the deep end. Please keep us posted on what happens. These kinds of issues will decide for a lot of people if Martin is the right company to provide our next bows. I have to admit, that I already decided. After reading so many stories of broken limbs, and customer service issues, I decided that I was not going to take a chance on being disappointed. I decided I would go with a tried and true Slayer from MXtuner. It really does not help Martin much, because they need to sell new bows to make it. But I had to do what is best for me. Anyway, keep us posted.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver