Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting to lose patience and respect for Martin customer service

Post Thanks / Like

If you got nowhere today I would pester Martin through AT and Facebook. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, an if Martin truly does want to turn things around as they say, they will take care of you.

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would complain to Terry on AT it's actually his product and he is the one that sold out everything he could to pocket the money before they went under.
    Rich and Jason will try to make every right for all the old warranties but they are at a loss with no parts to do it with. So you can complain all you want but know that they really do not even have to help you. I know they have covered many warranties that cost them a ton of money already and will do what they can to help you to but no one is perfect. Yea Yea I am 100% backing the new Martin, they have done every thing they can to work with me and I know they will take Martin back to the top of the chain

3. Likes bigbob29 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

certainly hope your right, as i for one want to see Martin continue as a viable option for some one chasing a topline bow.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishingandHuntingUSA View Post
    I would complain to Terry on AT it's actually his product and he is the one that sold out everything he could to pocket the money before they went under.
    Rich and Jason will try to make every right for all the old warranties but they are at a loss with no parts to do it with. So you can complain all you want but know that they really do not even have to help you. I know they have covered many warranties that cost them a ton of money already and will do what they can to help you to but no one is perfect. Yea Yea I am 100% backing the new Martin, they have done every thing they can to work with me and I know they will take Martin back to the top of the chain

Complain all you want to Terry, but it will fall on deaf ears. The Martin family has nothing to do with the company now. They sold and that's that. What happens now will be with the new management. Honestly, the new management team would not have had to honor warranty issues on bows sold prior to them taking over. The fact that they do is a testament to their desire to bring the company out of the pits and make it profitable again.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

6. Thanks Arrow Splitter thanked for this post
    Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of company's that have changed ownership will not honor warrantys from be before they took over
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Complain all you want to Terry, but it will fall on deaf ears. The Martin family has nothing to do with the company now. They sold and that's that. What happens now will be with the new management. Honestly, the new management team would not have had to honor warranty issues on bows sold prior to them taking over. The fact that they do is a testament to their desire to bring the company out of the pits and make it profitable again.
    You have that right Terry COULD GIVE A RATS BEHIND, most new owners would say oh well but these guys are trying so give them the credit they deserve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Good Point, I have to retract my earlier comment on this. Your exactly right.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

This actually pisses me off and makes me glad I switched brands when I did. OP, I just PM'd a link to this thread to "Martin CEO" through AT. I'll be checking back with interest to see what happens. On a side note, ... nevermind. Good luck with this.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Peachtree doors sold to another company and they would no longer honor the Peachtree warrantee... any company I were to make a major purchase from; I'd take into account their prospects for long term survival. Peachtree's was good at the time but ten years later they failed, so you can never be absolutely sure... you just make the best assessments at the time. The 'new' Martin has a lot to overcome; the 'old' Martin having just failed. A smooth transition from the 'old' to the 'new' almost has to include the burden of honoring the commitments the 'old' company made. I sure as heck will never buy another Peachtree company product, no matter who owns them now; nor, if I notice they are the parent company or an affiliated company with Peachtree, will I ever purchase from them. I despise Kohler for similar reasons; they sold a toilet, the kind with the pressure tank inside, that would and did blow up on occasion! Ours failed but didn't blow up and they offered no warrantee other than like Martin is doing here, 'pay us more and we'll sell you a cheaper item in replacement'... a regular tank for almost full retail for that 800 dollar piece of crap they'd already sold us. No thanks... got a TOTO so we'd never come home and find Kohler has dynamited our @#@$ house!

So, anyway, 'lifetime warranty' is a rather deceptive phrase, isn't it.... well, depending on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.... o

P.S. Oh, in this case please disregard the signature phrase below; I DO wish to besmirch these two awful companies, and to warn others of their business practices. Kohler and Peachtree, that is, not Martin, the 'new' Martin. Hope they get this handled.
    Last edited by otisT; 03-29-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: attitude
    Anything I may post is in no way meant to besmirch anyone or any entity in any way, so please don't take it, wrongly, as such. Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only wondering how a defective cam lasted 5 years then suddenly became warped?
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba