Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm pregnant

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm pregnant

This post is not meant to disrespect women but I feel like I'm pregnant!!! That's right. I am getting a new bow from MXtuner, and I am so excited. I am getting a flat black slayer. I think 07 model. It is going to have the Nitrous C cams for my ape-like arms. He is going to use the 13" limbs in camo. This will lower the brace height, and at around 55-60 lbs, should be fast. Maybe 325 or more IBO. He got me a Bodoodle Pro-Lite 2 rest. I am ordering a Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow for it, and having it shipped to him. He is trying to find a sight for me. He is even painting a stabilizer for me so that it will match. I sent him a peep, and I sent him a picture of my string on my Cougar II so that he can get the peep to nock measurement. It is going to be X rigged. I have not bought a new bow since 1981, and I think this one will be exactly what I want. The only thing I will have to do is have the kisser button tied in. I have my previously mentioned new box of Wally World errors (that's how we say arrows in NC). I think I am going to go with the rage mechanical broadheads for hunting per Jim's recommendation. I know I am going to love this bow when it is delivered as much as I love my Cougar II. Gestation is almost complete.

I tell you what Gents, you better get you one of these slayers before they are gone, because when their gone, their gone. Jim is the best, he really knows his Slayers, that's for sure! I can tell that each bow he puts together is a labor of love. I love that man!!! My new BFF for sure.

My old Cougar II, might not see much action next year, but I will always love it. Come on Slayer, I can't wait!!!!
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

2. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Likes wscywabbit, naptime, TEN RING liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

just love when I get toys, congrats
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

4. Likes mxtuner1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 06-07 Slayer's were rated at 335 fps, with your long draw and a short brace height, you'll have increased time ( lenght of travel ) on the string which means more acceleration. Congratulations on the new flat black baby!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

6. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats CLT. Welcome to modern archery.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

8. Thanks mxtuner1, CLT Bluesman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have put my 2005 SlayeR SE to the test at 30-100 yards. So far so good. Little loud and a little heavy but dam good at 50 and in. Put her to the test at 35 mock up 3D type and out shot my Centriod. I also got to Thanks MXs. Will most likely get Huch to do his magic and get a set of either 8190, BCY X or trophy to get her a little more com down for 3D comp.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

10. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna have to work up to the massive weight of that 05 SlayR riser, huh Pete? You'll soon get used to it and find it holding steady at those longer ranges.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Gonna have to work up to the massive weight of that 05 SlayR riser, huh Pete? You'll soon get used to it and find it holding steady at those longer ranges.
    Ck concur, the big difference is that it's well balanced. It' loud that for sure. Put a couple of monkey on the cable and string which helped. I'm thinking 8190 as it some what forgiving. Any IDs all.
    Ranger 6
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tosi View Post
    Ck concur, the big difference is that it's well balanced. It' l. d that for sure. Put a couple of monkey on the cable and string which helped. I'm thinking 8190 as it some what forgiving. Any IDs all.
    Interesting about Slayr's. They do have some vibration but can be quieted somewhat. But the feel you get used to as the bow moves forward at the shot requiring different shoulder muscles to hold bow up. On long matches, surprisingly less fatigue. Also for the same draw weight, Slayr's perform the most work by being faster than all other designs. This shows that It is a very efficient design, lending itself to more accuracy potential.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

image.jpgI will give up some vibration for speed and accuracy. The monkeys tails seem to help, two on the cable and two on the string. So far very very accurate at 50 and in. Will experiment out to 100 when the weather gets better here in N. Az. It the wind here at 7000 feet during to spring. Snow tommarow.
    Last edited by Tosi; 04-04-2014 at 09:32 PM.
    Ranger 6
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Do a Search, Google - archery history, test write up...IBO test, 327 fps, draw cycle efficiency 95%.. The 2008 Slayer was a bow that should have never went away. Again, a friend of mine has one.... Just plain deadly pin point accurate and faster than....yeah...Have it in a heart beat if he'd let it go....

I don't know what happened. Somebody just plain dropped the ball... The Slayer gone. The Scepter IV (?) rated at 345 fps. What happened here? I mean one year and gone....

I remember speaking with Terry Wunderle and him getting ready for Turkey Season. His Slayer down to 47 pounds of draw weight and pure poison....Terry was having shoulder problems...
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

16. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Likes mxtuner1 liked this post