Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm pregnant

Post Thanks / Like

ck Sonny, I'm hitting 287fps at 65lbs and a 400g arrow, wicked fast and accurate.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

That bad limb lot is probably what did them in Sonny. That and the Cat cams. Then of course that is when everyone wanted shorter AtA bows, And after the bad limbs, Martin was on a slippery slope, so they kept trying new models, and a couple of great riser designs got left behind. A few of us refused to let 'em go however!!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

3. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Likes mxtuner1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished the assembly and straightening everything up on the bow. I now want one! What a joy to shoot...even though 1.5 inches too long of draw for me. It really fires the arrows downrange. The rest, sight, bowstring, riser and limbs are all lined up. Shot through paper just to see...bulletholes! This has been a fun build. Will do some finer final tuning and then regret sending my baby off.....but new owner is as excited as me....so all is well.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

5. Likes CLT Bluesman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dad Gum right I am excited. A 13" slayer, with a comfortable 55 pound draw!
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

7. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Bluesman View Post
    Dad Gum right I am excited. A 13" slayer, with a comfortable 55 pound draw!
    You're going to be amazed at the speed of your '13 Slayer! My 55# field/3D bow, a 2006 Slayer, C nitrous cam, shoot through sends my 350 gr arrows downrange at 299 fps, or 204 mph! As you can imagine, she shoots pretty flat.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

9. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard bow arrived?
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.