Thread: TRU ARC cam ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default TRU ARC cam ?

I was wonderin who has shot an older martin with the tru arc cams I have my eye on a 04 razor with tru arc cams was thinkin of pickn it up but was hopin I could get some input from u guys who have shot this cam and what cam u think its comparable to.
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd pass on it. The tru-Arc was only made in 2004 and there were some issues with the cam breaking where one of the bearings pressed in. I actually replaced a couple while working in a shop. Also, if changing draw length the bow needed to be pressed. Consider that no parts would be available unless you find used ones.

There was an improved version came out in 2005--Tru-Arc Plus that was beefier and changed so that the module was free floating, meaning no press needed to change draw length. They were never very popular so didn't sell well, although the cam wasn't bad to shoot. If anybody had problems the company usually just replaced the whole system with the DynaCam single cam system.

So that's the history of the Tru Arc cam. Short lived.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Plus if you arm yourself with Barry's info, you might get the bow low enough priced you can equip it with Nitrous cams and then solve....everything including the problems in Africa and China, lol. Razor X's with nitrous are X hammering bows, don't know if they can be beat.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mxtuner1 View Post
    Plus if you arm yourself with Barry's info, you might get the bow low enough priced you can equip it with Nitrous cams and then solve....everything including the problems in Africa and China, lol. Razor X's with nitrous are X hammering bows, don't know if they can be beat.
    I was going to mention Nitrous cams, but know they are like digging for gold. It is an option though.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I was going to mention Nitrous cams, but know they are like digging for gold. It is an option though.
    I have a few spares.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

6. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks I'll hold off for now but just case anyone is interested its on AT for 175 and it looks brand new barely used I thought it was an idea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Apparently the mother lode hasn't been fully mined out as yet, and if you're patient enough, Nitrous camed bows still turn up on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by mxtuner1 View Post
    I have a few spares.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade