Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small cam Large cam

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small cam Large cam

What is the DL breakdown on the two cams?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Topnock, welcome to the forum! Whatever your question, you will find the answer here. We even work on whirled peas sometimes. Your answers will come as soon as the experts (which I am not) ponder your question. You may even be one of the experts yourself! Some great new talent has shown up here lately.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

Each one gives an adjustment of 3". Assume the bow you are looking at has a draw length range from 27" to 31". The Nitro/Hybrix 1.5/3S cam will adjust from 27"-29". The 2.0/3L cam will cover from 28" to 31". They both use the same module so adjustments are in 1/2" increments. Notice there is a 1" overlap where, if you fall within such range, either cam will work. In such a case I've found the larger cam to produce a smoother draw and slightly more speed for a given setup.

Now, this is paper figures. Never, ever accept catalog figures or limbs stickers to be just what the bow is set for. Many bows draw longer than marked or stated in catalogs; some as much as a full inch. In other words have a bow you intend to buy physically measured to see just what it's AMO draw length really is.
    Last edited by bfisher; 04-01-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

4. Thanks wscywabbit thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I will be in here more often.
    I am writing up my first order and wanted to double check the cam differance before i did. thanks alot

Post Thanks / Like

The specific draw lengths also depend on what ATA bow you are referring to, so you might want to look in the Martin catalog for the specific bow/cam combination.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanRM View Post
    The specific draw lengths also depend on what ATA bow you are referring to, so you might want to look in the Martin catalog for the specific bow/cam combination.
    What I did not see in the catalog was the break between the large and small cams. I figured it was right down the middle but thought I better ask.

Post Thanks / Like

First, welcome to the site! 2nd, Which bow are you ordering? And 3rd, jump in on any thread to ask questions and or offer answers. We're friendly around here, and like meeting new folks.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    First, welcome to the site! 2nd, Which bow are you ordering? And 3rd, jump in on any thread to ask questions and or offer answers. We're friendly around here, and like meeting new folks.
    Thanks.
    I am ordering Nemesis, Eclypse, Phantom, and Blades.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by topnock View Post
    Thanks.
    In that order or one at a time? And if you get too many, you can send one to my address

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

11. Likes Arrow Splitter, bigbob29 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by topnock View Post
    Thanks.
    Outfitting the family? Or one of those four?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade