Thread: Nemesis limb question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nemesis limb question

So I have a Nemesis with 3mp limbs, and hybrix 3.0 cams. I am trying to figure out if these are the correct limbs for this bow, it is supposed to be 55-70lbs, but I can only squeeze 67lbs out of it. From what I have read it seems 3mp with 1.5 cams is 70lbs, 2.0cams 60lbs, so should I assume with 3.0 hybrix cams it would be 50lbs?
    Last edited by marcspectre; 04-01-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The answer is NO. The 3.0 cam is the same as the 2.0 and 1.5 cam. It's been modified some and redesignated (name change) as the Nitro/Hybrix 3L (2.0) and Nitro/Hybrix 3S (1.5) The L stands for long (2.0) and the S stands for short (1.5)

3# less than 70# is certainly within specs for any bow from any manufacturer, but if you just have to have 70# (it's just a number) you could add a few twists to the cables and this will preload the limbs a bit more.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

3. Thanks elkslayer4x5 thanked for this post
    Likes wscywabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I did know that putting a few twists into the string would bump the numbers up, but I wasn't sure if the limbs were correct on this bow. Now that I have been schooled on what the hybrix cams really are, I can add that to my growing knowledge of these bows.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3L limbs on a bow maxes at 60 but if you put them same limbs on a bow with like a pantera with fury xt cams they r 70lbs so if you get 70lbs out of it you will be within the weight limit of the limb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    The answer is NO. The 3.0 cam is the same as the 2.0 and 1.5 cam. It's been modified some and redesignated (name change) as the Nitro/Hybrix 3L (2.0) and Nitro/Hybrix 3S (1.5) The L stands for long (2.0) and the S stands for short (1.5)

3# less than 70# is certainly within specs for any bow from any manufacturer, but if you just have to have 70# (it's just a number) you could add a few twists to the cables and this will preload the limbs a bit more.
    I may be wrong here but the Hybrix cams originally came in 1.5 (short draw), 2.0 (long draw) and 3.0 - which only came on the Rytera Seeker.
    The Nitro 3's are a 3s which is the same as the Hybrix 1.5 and a 3L which is the same as the Hybrix 2.0.
    KM is building bows in various configurations, some of which have the Hybrix 3.0 cams on them. (Probably using up old stock)
    ArcherX7 may be able to shed some light on this...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    I may be wrong here but the Hybrix cams originally came in 1.5 (short draw), 2.0 (long draw) and 3.0 - which only came on the Rytera Seeker.
    The Nitro 3's are a 3s which is the same as the Hybrix 1.5 and a 3L which is the same as the Hybrix 2.0.
    KM is building bows in various configurations, some of which have the Hybrix 3.0 cams on them. (Probably using up old stock)
    ArcherX7 may be able to shed some light on this...
    Martin couldn't have made this any more confusing if they tried... The 09 Ryteras started out with the Hybrix 2.0 cam, then brought out the Hybrix 1.5 cam for shorter draw lengths, while at the same time Martin started using the Nitro 2.0 and Nitro 1.5 cams. While the Hybrix 1.5 and Nitro 1.5 cams were identical, the 2.0 versions of both had some minor differences, and then came the Seeker 365 which had yet a different cam.....the Hybrix 3.0 which was similar to the Hybrix 2.0 but had a slightly different string track. Now to add to the confusion, they bring out the Nitro 3.0S and Nitro 3.0L for the new lineup....."S" meaning short and "L" meaning long. The only thing all of these cams have in common are they are a slaved dual cam, and they all use the same DL mods. The Nitro 3.0L is kind of a blend of the Nitro 2.0 and the Hybrix 2.0........... The Hybrix 3.0 cam IMO is a very good cam, has a little smoother draw cycle than the Hybrix 2.0, but makes the same speeds.

As to the original post on the draw weight, adding a few twists to each cable should get the poundage back up closer to 70.

Advantage Custom Strings

8. Thanks marcspectre thanked for this post
    Likes Arrow Splitter, marcspectre liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop making cheese and come open a shop in the Rockies.