Thread: Rantin' 'n ravin'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rantin' 'n ravin'

The year in so far... It sucks! Dad hurt, brother with Stage 4 Cancer, both operated on 3 times, once the same morning. In between my mother fell between her car and piled up snow along her drive. No one could see her and she couldn't reach her cell phone. 85 years old, it took so long to claw through snow to the back of the car to pick herself up that she got frost bit fingers. Brother passes away. Archery shop officially closes. Weather just plain rotten for getting any bow practice in and the day before yesterday we had rain pouring down and yesterday the wind was howling like a pack of angry wolves. And restructuring at Pearson going on, I didn't get my bow order form. Didn't sign my contract earlier because hold up getting information. Bounced between two staff coordinators and now back to the original and I had to get my bow order form, sign contract and send to the Staff Coordinator. And then Pearson had a shipment of limbs come in that didn't meet specs, so a hold up on production. Staff Coordinator said the next run of MX2s should be coming up and he'll make sure I get one...

I already said my old computer died and I bought new one. A Dell with Windows 7. It's a animal and better than Windows 8! And then my old Scanner/Printer's software wasn't compatible with the new Windows 7 Dell computer... So I bought a new one, another Epson - see following.

My new Scanner/Printer, it scans backwards so copy is upside down - instructions don't say you have turn paper end for end when scanning. Oh, Ahead of myself...At first I thought my old Epson CX5000 Scanner/Printer was messing up because of ink cartridges or nozzles plugged. So I bought new ink cartridges...Only $73.98 including tax... So it wasn't the ink, but the software... I don't know how long I've had my old Scanner/Printer, but 3 computers worth or 8 years. Hang on! So I returned the ink cartridges in exchange for a new scanner/printer. New Epson XP-310 scanner/printer, complete with ink cartridges, $59.00 and tax. I asked the attendant how the store could do this, sell a complete package for less than the price of replacement ink cartridges. Said she didn't know... And this XP-310, it's got it's own brain box and tiny CRT. It scans, prints, and faster than greased lightening, and no using the computer to do it. It's even wireless. Yeah, if I had one of them IPods, Smart Phones and whatever else I could send pictures or documents to it to hold or print out... And WiFi networking... When I said the printer was fast, I mean fast and it's not a laser printer! First time I printed out some forms the first one spit before I realized it and on the floor it went. Got it and the second form spit out, barely caught and the last form spit out. Yeah, well, I didn't see the built in, fold over paper stopper...

Still, I can't believe I can buy a complete scanner/printer with ink cartridges for less than I can buy the ink cartridges!!! So I got it figured bow companies are shafting us. Yeah! I mean, for less than the price of a dozen arrows (ink cartridges) we should get a new bow and the dozen arrows. Right?

I'm going to go find me a beer....
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 04-06-2014 at 05:43 AM.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

And just think, we still have a ways to go before deer season.

Post Thanks / Like

The ink cartridges that come in new printers, so I've been told, are a smaller size, hold less ink, that is, though they, of course, take up the same space in the printer as the expensive ones you'll replace them with. The people that hold space in our hearts only come in one size and are not replaceable at any price. The printer, you'll soon overcome. The loss of loved ones, we never wish to. Silly analogy, perhaps, but I sense you're taking your hurt out by kicking the printer. Can't blame you, kick away; you've been through a tough stretch; loosing your brother and getting the slap that the 'old folks' are, indeed, getting old. Sonny, know that others empathize when they see a good person hurting. Good guy? Yeah, you are. I know that from the openness and kindness, not to mention the patience, in the help you give everyone here.

Was talking to my bro in law on the phone a few years ago; 'gotta go' says he 'my friend is coming to pick me up'... 'Which one?' I asked... 'Which one!! H#((, I only got one left!!' he joked. Now that friend is gone too. Actually, there are a few left but fewer all the time. You hear about kids being at 'that awkward age'? My contention is that it is WE who are at THE awkward age. When old Gram ma X died when we were 12, it didn't really register with us; we hardly really knew her... Now it's our parents or our aunts and uncles that helped raise us, not to mention our peers; people we knew oh so well. They're leaving us as the patriarchs and matriarchs of the family. We're becoming the oldest generation. We don't want to be that; we don't want them to go. But, "Time marches on" someone once said; find out who and we'll dig him up and hang the sucker again!... Best in all things to you, Sonny, and thanks for being here and helping.....o
    Anything I may post is in no way meant to besmirch anyone or any entity in any way, so please don't take it, wrongly, as such. Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by underwood View Post
    And just think, we still have a ways to go before deer season.
    Deer season went out?!

otisT, ink cost more the high tech printer? I'm going in the ink business....

But there was a reprieve today, well, now yesterday. The Sun came out, the wind died down to a slight breeze and I got to practice. Got in 3 practice sessions and played with different stabilizer weight, fore and aft. One tired, but happy puppy here. Hopefully, today I'll to 3D and all the way through one... Last weekend was the pits. No one showed up that was supposed to show up and not really charged up, things on my mind, I quit on target 15. Just no fun going on....
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otisT View Post
    The ink cartridges that come in new printers, so I've been told, are a smaller size, hold less ink, that is, though they, of course, take up the same space in the printer as the expensive ones you'll replace them with. The people that hold space in our hearts only come in one size and are not replaceable at any price. The printer, you'll soon overcome. The loss of loved ones, we never wish to. Silly analogy, perhaps, but I sense you're taking your hurt out by kicking the printer. Can't blame you, kick away; you've been through a tough stretch; loosing your brother and getting the slap that the 'old folks' are, indeed, getting old. Sonny, know that others empathize when they see a good person hurting. Good guy? Yeah, you are. I know that from the openness and kindness, not to mention the patience, in the help you give everyone here.

Was talking to my bro in law on the phone a few years ago; 'gotta go' says he 'my friend is coming to pick me up'... 'Which one?' I asked... 'Which one!! H#((, I only got one left!!' he joked. Now that friend is gone too. Actually, there are a few left but fewer all the time. You hear about kids being at 'that awkward age'? My contention is that it is WE who are at THE awkward age. When old Gram ma X died when we were 12, it didn't really register with us; we hardly really knew her... Now it's our parents or our aunts and uncles that helped raise us, not to mention our peers; people we knew oh so well. They're leaving us as the patriarchs and matriarchs of the family. We're becoming the oldest generation. We don't want to be that; we don't want them to go. But, "Time marches on" someone once said; find out who and we'll dig him up and hang the sucker again!... Best in all things to you, Sonny, and thanks for being here and helping.....o
    Very well said. We are becoming the oldest generation, and will soon be a part of history.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver