Shot a 3D this past weekend. It happens and I don't know what happened, but my sight windage changed one full revolution. For those who don't use a movable sight frame, .040". This is bunch. A bit on the right edge of the bull's at 20 yards and magnified as the yards increase. Yeah! Wow! 30 yards and my arrow was just outside the 5 inch kill ring of a coyote. I thought just got stupid and screwed up. Next target closer, just on the edge for a 10. Next target another 8 just outside the 10 ring at 3 o'clock. Man! I was going nuts. Next target same thing and worse, out at 3:00 and on the edge of the 8 zone. It had to be me, right? Wrong. I started adjusting and kept adjusting until I was to hitting where I was aiming. Still, I was confused to be all. No matter. I had dropped so many points and I didn't care and just shot without binoculars. The second half I did so much better, dropping 4 points and gaining back 2 with a 12. I felt so bad I didn't want to turn in my score card, 274/300.... I double and triple checked for looseness and couldn't find a thing. The grid marks of the rest looked right. No bent launch arm. What's the word they used today...krite?
Shot a bit after the 3D on the club's practice range. Never missed a bull's eye. What the heck happened is beyond me. So I'll look into it when I catch up with the running I have to get done..... So this evening or tomorrow.... Nice about this club's score cards is room to add a line. All my misses were right...and if by the second half I would have cleaned house. I had 2 shots that were low and 1 shot that was high. So 6 points down and perhaps 6 more 12s could have had and scored tallied would have been put me in the plus column, maybe a 306 to 312....
Even so, the score keeper said I was down that far....Yeah, just probably wasn't in last place....