Thread: It happens.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default It happens.....

Shot a 3D this past weekend. It happens and I don't know what happened, but my sight windage changed one full revolution. For those who don't use a movable sight frame, .040". This is bunch. A bit on the right edge of the bull's at 20 yards and magnified as the yards increase. Yeah! Wow! 30 yards and my arrow was just outside the 5 inch kill ring of a coyote. I thought just got stupid and screwed up. Next target closer, just on the edge for a 10. Next target another 8 just outside the 10 ring at 3 o'clock. Man! I was going nuts. Next target same thing and worse, out at 3:00 and on the edge of the 8 zone. It had to be me, right? Wrong. I started adjusting and kept adjusting until I was to hitting where I was aiming. Still, I was confused to be all. No matter. I had dropped so many points and I didn't care and just shot without binoculars. The second half I did so much better, dropping 4 points and gaining back 2 with a 12. I felt so bad I didn't want to turn in my score card, 274/300.... I double and triple checked for looseness and couldn't find a thing. The grid marks of the rest looked right. No bent launch arm. What's the word they used today...krite?
    Shot a bit after the 3D on the club's practice range. Never missed a bull's eye. What the heck happened is beyond me. So I'll look into it when I catch up with the running I have to get done..... So this evening or tomorrow.... Nice about this club's score cards is room to add a line. All my misses were right...and if by the second half I would have cleaned house. I had 2 shots that were low and 1 shot that was high. So 6 points down and perhaps 6 more 12s could have had and scored tallied would have been put me in the plus column, maybe a 306 to 312....
    Even so, the score keeper said I was down that far....Yeah, just probably wasn't in last place....
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on getting out to shoot an outdoor shoot, and with it being a 3-D at that.
    To bad for your pin being off though.
    Thats why I don't shoot sights, my pins can't move....
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.

3. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still don't know what happened...Just got all calls caught up, running here and there and getting papers to our tax man (Lord!). And the phone system of the place I retired from...Drive you nuts in nothing flat... I need a password to break through the electronic phone system to discuss them screwing up my retirement pay check. 30 Billion dollar a year business and I can't talk to a real person....

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got out my bow and checked all over. Nothing. Checking over I noticed a bit of movement in my front stabilizer, just a hint of wiggle in the carbon tube to the mounting coupling, that whatchamacallit that screws into the stabilizer bushing in the riser Took it apart, cleaned it and used new super glue by Living Solutions. This is the second time it's come loose in 12 years. I'm going to call Cartel and ask what kind of cheap stuff they're peddling . Got that I went to the range by the garage. And I found that darn March Wind trying to hog in on April's time... So I stuck up a plastic bag for a flag - didn't really help, just gave me a excuse. Pounded out 5 bull's eyes with 3 X and called it good. I then stepped back to 35 yards. If it was going to be off, it was going to be off. Took me forever, wind blowing, fighting to do it right (another story). But! 4 Xs and I said enough. Hey! It was warm for a change and lovin' every minute of it. We even opened the windows in the house...

Guys, I can't shoot no better than this. Took me 5 tries to get the group showing. Twice I had 2 in the X and twice I had 3 in the X and they I just took what I had. Maybe, but I need something to steady me a bit and I don't what at this point. Shaking like some dang ole lady... Wantin' too much maybe and instead of letting it happen a real possibility
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed. That stupid camera is taking pictures a bit wide.... Ain't none of the targets round.

Post Thanks / Like

First play period....I mean first practice session done I waited until later in the afternoon. Practice went well and need some more. Before I put all away and tried just 2 more shots to finish out. A pair of ASA 35 yard 14s felt really good. What I call shot placement. You can't see the 14 ring, just guess really good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry Sonny, long winter has us all down. I got the Onza out a couple weeks ago for the first time this year and 70# felt more like 90#, and a good group was achieved by a wing and a prayer. Now that the weather is getting better, I've gotten out a few times since and the bow gets easier to hold steady and the groups get smaller. Just had to shake the dust off I guess!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps