Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: martin 2 piece quivers?

geronimo

We are talking about Martin 2 piece quivers not shooting our bows!!!

dbd870

Hijack alert:
    Because Barry my bow is slooooow (and my arrows are fairly heavy) besides my distance estimation skills are poor! {I set a 35yd limit for myself} I don't care for the draw curve on the speed bows so that's my solution.
    Last edited by dbd870; 03-07-2008 at 07:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    We are talking about Martin 2 piece quivers not shooting our bows!!!
    Yes, I know but we have answered the original question and I like to keep conversations going. Sometimes others read these things and we all get a chance to become more educated about archery in general.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbd870 View Post
    Hijack alert:
    Because Barry my bow is slooooow (and my arrows are fairly heavy) besides my distance estimation skills are poor! {I set a 35yd limit for myself} I don't care for the draw curve on the speed bows so that's my solution.

OK, I'll buy that. Not trying to sell you on a new bow, but when and if you get a chance try drawing one of the Martin bows with the MPro cam.

Post Thanks / Like

bfisher, What's your recommendation for a 2 piece quiver from Martin?
    I would probably go with the 3907R Wildman 5 Arrow. It the lightest so bow balance would be better. Then I could carry my usual 3 arrows well spaced. It's cheaper too.

dbd870

I did shoot a MOAB, which I liked very much but at 59# and 28" with my 426gr arrows it chrono'd 231 fps. Not enough of an increase to justify the purchase for me; I was actually quite disappointed with the speed of that bow. It was at jcmorgan31's place so I'll assume everything was OK otherwise. The only thing added from the factory was a D loop - not even a peep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbd870 View Post
    I did shoot a MOAB, which I liked very much but at 59# and 28" with my 426gr arrows it chrono'd 231 fps. Not enough of an increase to justify the purchase for me; I was actually quite disappointed with the speed of that bow. It was at jcmorgan31's place so I'll assume everything was OK otherwise. The only thing added from the factory was a D loop - not even a peep.
    How'd the bow feel otherwise? I mean the draw cycle. See, that's what I love about this sport. Everybody has there own preferences. I shoot a hunting arrow about 100 grains lighter for deer sized game so I know the speed would be much greater. Still not great though.

I've read of lot of JCMorgan's posts on other threads and he seems to have his act together.

Darrenhood

Darrenhood, I agree with you and which one of the 3 Martin 2 piece quivers fits closest to the riser for the lowest profile?
    They all have the same mounting posts. My son & I both have the 8 arrow, on two different bows. On each, the hood contacts the upper limb pocket first, slide it back out about 1/4". Slide the bottom (gripper) in till it, or the shafts, contact something, likely the bottom limb pocket. Slide it back out @ 1/4".

Then one shaft may contact the windage adjustment bar on your sight. Mine does & I just leave that arrow out. 7 is plenty. If I keep this sight on & I feel the need for all 8 arrows, then I can cut the excess off the windage bar.

The wildman 5 will probably fit the same.

I see the Fast 4 has offset mounts, moving the quiver rearwards to hold the arrows more inline with a reflexed riser. This one might scoot in closer if the hood gets behind the upper limb pocket. Haven't had my hands on one of those. They look nice.

All three mount to the threaded limb bolt inserts, but the distance from the insert to all other components is different from bow to bow. Hope this helps.

Darrenhood

Those removeable one piece quivers attach to the sight & hang further out to the side, adding to the unballance. Anchored at the center instead of at both ends just makes them vibrate more. If you plan to shot with it on, 2 piece is the way to go.

Arrows sticking out of a back quiver get you stuck when crawling thru the brush. Brush steals arrows out of a hip quiver.

flytier17

The shafts on the 2X4 contact the Knob on my Hogg-It. Makes a Buzz. I wiggled the quiver out a little past the ends of the posts to solve this.