Thread: Mystic Furious X shoot through system maintenance question

aramkiss

Default Mystic Furious X shoot through system maintenance question

Hi All,

Does the extra cable used to create shoot through system have to be replaced often? I spoke with a pro at the archery shop and I got the impression from him that I needed to replace this cable annually with my bow string.

Thanks in Advance

Andre
    Last edited by aramkiss; 03-05-2008 at 11:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on how much you shoot. Although it doesn't hurt to replace them annually I've had cables last many years. Consdering that there are trwo cables for each limb they have less than half the stress on them that the string does. If you do a lot of shooting then I'd replace the string every year and the cables about every three years.

If you can take a measurement of the cables themselves and when they creep (stretch) about 1/4" it's time, or if you get a lot of fuzzing or broken strand.

aramkiss

Does anyone know when I replace bow string and cables on my Mystic if I can use another brand name of strings or do I need to order the Mystic string kit from Martin?

Will I void my warranty if I use a third party string?

Thanks in advance

Andre

Post Thanks / Like

afaik it is no problem to use other strings because they have no influence to the warranty. You will see that most shooters use strings that are not from Martin.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    afaik it is no problem to use other strings because they have no influence to the warranty. You will see that most shooters use strings that are not from Martin.

Exactly, use whatever you want. For the best quality at an affordable price I've been using Bucknasty strings for a couple years. I've also had Winner's Choice and Prostrings. Bucknasty's are better than WC's and almost half the price.

I just got my new FireCat and had plans to put pink/purple ones on it (don't ask), but it comes with Stone Mountain and they seem pretty good. Iput about 30 shots through them and then installed the peep. So far no peep rotation after about 200 shots (I've had the bow two days).

aramkiss

Does Bucknasty's sell in Canada?

Andre

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aramkiss View Post
    Does Bucknasty's sell in Canada?

Andre
    Andre,

You should do a search on Archery Talk for Bucknasty. I think his phone number is listed there along with some other info. His real name is John Mraz. Probably the best way to contact him is by PM on Archery Talk or on www.hunting.net where his user name is Gibblet.

aramkiss

I will do that search ...thanks

Andre