Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traditional arrows?

Post Thanks / Like

Whadda ya mean "he". I thought we were talking about you?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

To clarify I have a friend who visited and brought some recurves. I whipped up some threads for him. Then He asked me about arrows. So I came to the Pros you guys.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

32 inch 3555 gold tips with 125 grain tip and 4 vane setup shoots real nice out of a 45 pound bow
    it's good to be alive unless you're a Squirrel !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter55 View Post
    32 inch 3555 gold tips with 125 grain tip and 4 vane setup shoots real nice out of a 45 pound bow
    Are you sure? We're talking about finger release, not mechanical. I have to use a GT UL-500 spine at 27", 80gr tips, and 3 feathers out of a 35# bow/fingers release. 3555 is a 500 spine. 600 spine flies like crap. Here again, nobody has mentioned string material. I'm using Trophy made by Hutch. Dacron is a softer material, but 24 fps slower out of my setup and that was with 30# limbs.

And Bill, all this time I thought you were digressing back to the FUN side of archery. I have to say I'm disappointed---a little. LOL.
    Last edited by bfisher; 04-22-2014 at 09:02 PM.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Barry, I will be getting one! But I didn't want a older one I want to get a new one like you with reinforced tips. I kinda like playing around with the newer materials and bows.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Barry, I will be getting one! But I didn't want a older one I want to get a new one like you with reinforced tips. I kinda like playing around with the newer materials and bows.

Hutch
    Well that sounds better, Bill. If nothing else you at least know that the first thing you do is replace the factory string. The one you made me works just fine. Nock fit is real nice. The added bonus of 24 fps extra over the factory string doesn't hurt much either. It's just amazing to me to get that much of a speed gain out of 30# limbs by just changing the string. I even raised the brace height another 1/4" as well.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Well that sounds better, Bill. If nothing else you at least know that the first thing you do is replace the factory string. The one you made me works just fine. Nock fit is real nice. The added bonus of 24 fps extra over the factory string doesn't hurt much either. It's just amazing to me to get that much of a speed gain out of 30# limbs by just changing the string. I even raised the brace height another 1/4" as well.
    What's the brace height now? Is it quiet at that brace height? Whats the length of the string Bill made for you? Es9x8's Diablo definatly need a new string, even though he's not been shooting much lately, barely has time for his chores after baseball practice or a game. We were mowing the back yard Sunday and he wanted to shoot, but it started raining before we finished, did shoot a bit in the garage, but he wants to shoot longer distances now, Trying to get ready for Deer season in late Aug.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade