Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 bow manuals - soft copy

Post Thanks / Like

I got my shadowcat off AT, great bow but bit of a story,shipping as a full bow was going to be exorbitant like $180 or so, so I asked to have the limbs dropped off. arrived safely [ about $60] and when fitting limbs my home made press let go shattering upper limb and bent cam.Had to buy Barnsdale limbs [ highly recommend them] AND new cams. Due to my overwhelming stupidity my $300 bow became a $700 with shipping etc. Still in spite of all that I'm very happy with it.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    I got my shadowcat off AT, great bow but bit of a story,shipping as a full bow was going to be exorbitant like $180 or so, so I asked to have the limbs dropped off. arrived safely [ about $60]...
    I feel for you, re the limbs and cams. I was pressing my wife's new second-hand bow and one of the (split) limbs slipped off the bowpress and took a chunk out of the cam. It's still okay to shoot, but looks a bit unsightly. I was furious with myself for not being more careful. Yes, fully-assembled bows can be pricey to ship. I always ask if the seller has access to a press and is willing to disassemble it the bow.

3. Likes bigbob29 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive bought 4 compounds from US over last 5 years or so and all ran about $55 -$ 60 but cheapest bow I've bought cost me only $36 and it was a LONGBOW! not even supposed to go by USPS! Go figure! I sent a long bow to US cost me $68 using courier service. recipient in US sent me a longbow using same courier, cost him around $200!!!
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

Well, just got off the phone with my supplier in Australia (Archeryshop). I sent an email last Friday asking for an update and got no reply. They told me the bow hadn't been shipped by Martin yet! I have an email somewhere from a guy by the name of Lance Irving who said it should be shipped out fairly quickly (he implied a couple of days) once the order was placed. Thinking strongly of cancelling the order - I won't be misled by anybody. The corporate-feelgood clip on the Martin home page means nothing without the professionalism to get the goods out the door.

Pretty sure the Scepter pricing went up by USD$100 around the time I placed the order.

I might not need that manual after all.

Overall: not impressed.
    Last edited by Metal Mick; 04-27-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

sure hate to hear that, hope it still works out for you, scepter is one nice bow but can understand your aggravation.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

HI Bob,

yes, it's just downright annoying. If the Martin guy hadn't said he could get the bow shipped within a couple of days, I'd be okay with that. And if the people at Archeryshop had the professionalism to to chase it up, or even do it after I asked four days ago, I'd probably be okay with that too. But no, it's looking like a big mess at the moment, particularly when I said to the Archeryshop lady that I was unhappy with how things were going and her response was "do you want to cancel?" Sounds like Martin could hardly have less enthusiastic representatives in Australia.

Sure, the S V is probably a good bow, but Hoyt has a bit of a reputation, and PSE, New Breed, Elite, and a couple of others aren't too shabby either. For that matter I can get myself another Alpine Ventura for USD$400 plus shipping - that's the bow I just broke and I know it's a fine shooting machine.

I'll drive down to Planet Archery in Melbourne tomorrow to have a look at what he can supply, and then decide.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit poor to have agents with that apparent attitude. Martin needs all the assistance it can get from its agents not nonchalance as it seems in your case.
    2011 shadowcat
    2006 Razor x
    2001Cougar elte

Post Thanks / Like

Well, things seem to have gone bad to worse in this situation. The reseller in Australia (Archeryshop.com.au) has been uncommunicative at best and after I cancelled the order seems to have not passed it on to Martin, who shipped the bow a bit over a day later. Meantime, I had a PayPal dispute that I elevated to a claim after the Archeryshop guy said the bow was "custom" and would be "difficult, if not impossible to sell" despite being made from in-stock parts to standard Martin spec.

He sent the cancellation to what appears to be a bogus email address: annemartinarchery@gmail.com. I sent an email to Anne White using the domain martinarchery.com in the address and got a prompt reply.

It also seems the main reason for the delay is due to the Australian reseller deciding to order other items that delayed the shipment. I could have ordered direct from Martin for less cost and had my bow by now. This has left a really bitter taste in my mouth. If this guy has deliberately strung me along (as I suspect) then I can only hope the claim is resolved in my favor and I can shop elsewhere.

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the guy is a real xxxx If you ever want to order a bow you can send me a PM I am a distributor with Martin and if you send Anne an email she will verify that.
    It's a shame people have to deal with service like that and since the new ownership I have had no problems dealing with Martin.

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks for the offer, H&FUSA. I know Martin has no real control over its dealers, and that one bad apple, etc.

Thankfully, I got notification from PayPal that they found in my favour, so I'm free to purchase elsewhere.