Thread: hybix cam pro mods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default hybix cam pro mods?

had a friend, previous martin pro staff shooter, tell me martin made "pro mods" for the hybrix cam system. apparently it changed the draw cycle considerably. anyone hear of these or have any for sale?

Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of Pro mods, but maybe he was talking about bows in general. Back before the latest change in management, Matrin has two series of bows.. Pro Series, which were sold only in autherized Martin shops, and Gold Series, which were sold in big box stores..Cabela's, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, Sportsman Warehouse, and those type of stores. Could that have been what your friend was talking about?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say I've heard the term Pro mods and I've been a staff shooter for Martin since 2004. Martin came out with the Cat cam in 2008 which had two different size modules. The smaller was for up 29" on most of the bows and the long draw module covered from 29.5 to 30". Not sure just when the Hybrix cam came about, but it's basically a Nitro cam with Hybrix engraved on it instead of Nitro. At least from 2010 there were two size cams and they both used the same standard 80% letoff modules. The same modules are still in use today. No such thing as a PRO module to my knowledge.

My 2010 Alien Z was delivered with Nitro cams when I got it. I called Joel about it and he was a bit upset that a Rytera bow would be built with Nitro (Martin) cams so sent me a set that were marked Hybrix. They were no different than the Nitro cams and used the same modules. Bow speced out the same and shot the same. That was then.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Can't say I've heard the term Pro mods and I've been a staff shooter for Martin since 2004. Martin came out with the Cat cam in 2008 which had two different size modules. The smaller was for up 29" on most of the bows and the long draw module covered from 29.5 to 30". Not sure just when the Hybrix cam came about, but it's basically a Nitro cam with Hybrix engraved on it instead of Nitro. At least from 2010 there were two size cams and they both used the same standard 80% letoff modules. The same modules are still in use today. No such thing as a PRO module to my knowledge.

My 2010 Alien Z was delivered with Nitro cams when I got it. I called Joel about it and he was a bit upset that a Rytera bow would be built with Nitro (Martin) cams so sent me a set that were marked Hybrix. They were no different than the Nitro cams and used the same modules. Bow speced out the same and shot the same. That was then.
    bfisher, elkslayer4x5- thank you both very much. i love my Z and have shot her since 2011. had it powder-coated, new Barnsdale limbs several other little changes since then and i wouldnt change a thing about it. was just hanging out a we were talking about the draw cycle and the topic came up. here she is nevertheless.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

beautiful bow! Welcome to the forum, glad to have you.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking Z, really a shame that Rytera never used the anodized colors of the mid 2000's Martins.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

That is another nice looking bow there, love the Rytera brand.