image (12).jpg
    my old one is on it's last leg
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Sharp! Lol

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

3. Thanks TEN RING thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That kind of toy leads to hard work!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

5. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    That kind of toy leads to hard work!
    I know but it keeps my electric bill way down
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Cut wood for the first few years we owned our present place. Work, work and more work, but the gas bill was like $3.00 a month.

Got a new Poulan 18" out in the garage - use it for only cutting trees to move. Got two more chain saws in the tool shed, one has horse power to wack any tree down. Sold my old "hot rod" chain saw. It was a Davidson chain saw set up for wood cutting races - only knew stopped and wide open. Chain was razor sharp - touch it and you'd bleed. Wish we had cameras we have today. That Davidson screamed and chips flew like dynamited confetti . Yeah, cut through a two foot oak log so fast it'd make your head spin...I forget now, 7 seconds. Some guy bought it for display cutting at his large animal craft sales/shows - cut from logs; bears, eagles, totem poles and the such...
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

8. Likes Arrow Splitter, CLT Bluesman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What have you not raced Sonny? Since I have been on the forum, you have had hot rod bows, guns, cars, motorcycles I think, and now chainsaws! My goodness, I never heard of wood cutting races. You are one competitive fellow!
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So does this mean your going to start movies again! Like chain saw massacre 3
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Done a lot in my 65 years.. I'll tell it in another Post....Better not. Might take up too much space.

Well, one more. I didn't race horses, but I had race horses. Mr. A Sharp Bell, 1982 Iowa Futurity Winner and record holder of the Springfield, Illinois race track. Just a awesome horse. Fell coming out the gate, got up and threw dirt for 330 yards and pulling way to set the record. Sharp held the record until the old track was tore down... Explosive out of the hole. Made a mistake one day, after he was retired. Out riding him and our neighbor wanted to race. Set, knees holding and the race was on and over in a heart beat. Sharp took off so fast that I sitting where he was....He came back to me with this look, "watch cha doing there?" I held on to the saddle horn from then on....
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 04-21-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my cousins was into those logging show competions, and had a hot rod saw, he'd make two or three cuts and tear the saw down and rebuild for the next show, was the All Around Logger two years in a row. Lots of specialized equipment needed for that sort of competition. Last time I went to one of those logging shows was a disaster day. For the wood chopping, the contestants stand on a log about 1 foot in diameter, and they use a large, heavy stainless Austrailian single bladed axe, very sharp, and chop between thier feet. Saw a guy hit his foot instead of the log, almost severed his foot in half! An hour later, a man lost the bite of his spikes on the pole climb and fell 40 feet, draging his face down the pole, broke his back, and his front was a bloody mess! Very ugly day!! Last time I went.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

elkslayer4X5, see any of the hand saws and man hand saws? They carry them babies is padded long wood cases, some pretty as all get out. Sharp is a relative term. Through a log like a hot knife through butter....