Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions on Rytera Seeker 365

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwhntr7973 View Post
    It feels a world better than it did. I don't even think that the let of was as high as 60% before I adjusted the mod. The valley is way better and the back wall is as solid as my Strother SX Rush which is amazingly solid.
    The draw stop is actually what creates the back wall. You have a little bit to go as far as using the full module. You need a little more rotation of the cam. You can do this by moving the draw stop to make the draw length a little bit longer--maybe 1/4". Once you get the full rotation into the module groove you could always add about 10 twists to the string to shorten the draw length back to where you now have it and get a touch more valley. All depends on how anal you are about the draw length. Doing this you'll lose a couple pounds of draw weight. It's all a balancing act.

If you like the way it feels you could just leave it alone and go shootin.
    Last edited by bfisher; 04-26-2014 at 03:05 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    The draw stop is actually what creates the back wall. You have a little bit to go as far as using the full module. You need a little more rotation of the cam. You can do this by moving the draw stop to make the draw length a little bit longer--maybe 1/4". Once you get the full rotation into the module groove you could always add about 10 twists to the string to shorten the draw length back to where you now have it and get a touch more valley. All depends on how anal you are about the draw length. Doing this you'll lose a couple pounds of draw weight. It's all a balancing act.

If you like the way it feels you could just leave it alone and go shootin.
    Thanks Barry for all the insight and thoughtful response. I might try and play with it a bit once I build my inline press in June. Until then I am going to sight it all in and shoot it a bit. Bill
    bwhntr7973
    2012 Martin Rytera Seeker 365; 68 lbs. at 28" DL; Beman ICS Hunters 400 @ 27.25" tipped with 100 gr. Anarchy Head
    2012 Strother SX Rush; 71 lbs. at 28" DL; Goldtip XT Hunter 7595 @ 27.25" tipped with 100 gr. Anarchy Head

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    A lot of turkeys up here as well, but here at the lower end of the Willamett Valley, we also have a large population of predators, from Cougars to Coyotes, I find feathers all the time, hear, and see the birds a lot but have yet to catch one on a trail cam. Of course that may be because I hang my cameras on well used trails. The SD card that had the 3 Cougars on was sort of a tell tale. First was a Blacktail, nice tall tined forkie, a cow elk, a bear, a muddy Bull elk, and then the cats. Sure looked like they were following the groceries. Which county are you in?
    I'm all the way at the bottom of the state in Jackson County. Always wanted to hunt the late elk season that goes on up in the Willamette Valley area but am always really busy with the late blacktail season. Well, that and the fact that I don't know any of the area up in that neck of the woods.
    bwhntr7973
    2012 Martin Rytera Seeker 365; 68 lbs. at 28" DL; Beman ICS Hunters 400 @ 27.25" tipped with 100 gr. Anarchy Head
    2012 Strother SX Rush; 71 lbs. at 28" DL; Goldtip XT Hunter 7595 @ 27.25" tipped with 100 gr. Anarchy Head

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwhntr7973 View Post
    I'm all the way at the bottom of the state in Jackson County. Always wanted to hunt the late elk season that goes on up in the Willamette Valley area but am always really busy with the late blacktail season. Well, that and the fact that I don't know any of the area up in that neck of the woods.
    I know the same about your end of the state. Up here in the middle, the Rosies are on the West side of I-5, in the typical Roosevelt habitat ( Jungle ) old growth timber tracts, which is, of course, where those November hunts are held. The trail cam site in in the hunt area. In Aug of 11, my son and I rode our mountail bike right into a herd of about 40 elk about 1/2 mile from the trail cam site, we were into them before either of us knew the others were there! Suprise on both side, Elk every where, crashing through the heavy under growth. We've been haunting the area ever since, but those Rosies are just as good at being ghostly as Blacktails are! How something that large can move so quietly just amazes me. This guy also lives in that area. These are also trail cam pic, the bottom one was taken 15 minutes after we changed the batteries in the camera, so Roly Poly big blackie was watching us while we were there.
    BigBoy.jpg
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 04-27-2014 at 10:17 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

that's a nice bear! I would stick an arrow in him/her for sure. I'll have to resize some of my past photos this week and post them for you to see. I have pics of a real nice 6x6 bull that is a 20 minute drive from my house away. I also have tons of pics of bears out at my normal blacktail stomping grounds.
    bwhntr7973

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some various photos of spots less than 30 minutes from my front porch.
    PICT0620a.jpgPICT0622.jpgWGI_0024.jpgWGI_0128.jpgPICT0062.jpg
    bwhntr7973

7. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    bwhntr7973

9. Likes elkslayer4x5, Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you're on a nice trail as well, really like the blacktail and the big bull. Hope you get the chance to slip an ICS 400 through all of them! Local biologist told me that June-July in time for blackbears to make cubs. We've got a lot of color phase bears up here, all in the Blackberrys during Aug-Sept, with the rain we are having this year, we should have bumper crop of berrys, maybe I can catch up with Roly Poly this year, although camera site I got his pic from ( about 2 miles from the Cat site ) is an old homestead, the apple tree that the camera is on is now burried in blackberrys, last time I was in there, there were tunnels throught the berrys, biggest tree there is the old apple, well with in reach of that bear. These two where about 1/2 mile up the hill from Roly Poly.
    Dinner date.jpg
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 04-28-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade