Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Chaps my butt!

Post Thanks / Like

Default This Chaps my butt!

On the other site...a gent offered a bow for sale. I thought the price was a little high and so sent him a pm and asked what he would take for it. He lowered the price from $450 (been for sale for a few months) to $375. I said I would take it and asked for his Paypal address. 3 days later no word so I contacted him again..he read it and did not say anything but yet the listing was still up. So 2 days later on the original listing I put on there price agreed to and thanks for listing. One hour after that he puts on there sold. So then I asked him via pm what is up? He said another guy offered $75 more but he will let me have first crack it for the $75 more. I told him don't sell the bow yet and I will do some research...here is what I found "the rules state: NOTE: If you agree to a deal and back out...be prepared for repercussions. This not only inconveniences the other member but the Moderators as well. Neutral or negative feedback will be issued and a short term ban may be considered. Think twice if you’re not sure. 24 hours is a reasonable time to respond to PM’s"...end quote. Moderators then contacted the gent (who sells strings by the way) and he told them flat out he sold the bow. I did not even get a chance to purchase at the new higher price nor afforded the courtesy of even responding back. Mods are having a talk right now on what they plan on doing.
    Last edited by mxtuner1; 04-22-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

2. Thanks bowhunter55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He also then sent me a pm and said "Don't get to riled up, its just a bow" after the mods have been dealing with him.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, about all you can do is leave negative feedback, or post in the general archery section about your experience. Some people just don't know how to be considerate, or honest. Sorry you had such bad luck.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

5. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Sadly, about all you can do is leave negative feedback, or post in the general archery section about your experience. Some people just don't know how to be considerate, or honest. Sorry you had such bad luck.
    Yep! But it's just what it is AT!!! Attitude Turds!
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

7. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It wouldn't surprise me to see the same bow up for sale again. I think the guy just said he sold it after his attempt to get another $75 from you failed and the moderators got on him. Only a few of the deals I've made on that site went smoothly, most of them were some sort of hassle.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

a deal is a deal he should own up to it
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys for the support...This is the best site ever! Today the gent told me...."I don't care" referring to classified rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Gent? You are a much better man than me for calling him a gent. lol I can think of plenty of names (just can't type them on here) that I'd use instead. lol Sad thing is, if he'd buddies with a mod over there, they won't usually do anything. Here's hoping they do though!
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

12. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Update- Moderators did not ban him, just restricted his listings for a while and are "watching" him. They asked me to leave negative feedback on him also. No ban though, even a short one would have been effective. But realistically, I hope he can do better in the future. My pain is that I really wanted the bow, and we all know how hard it is to get the rare ones.

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You are probably better off not to have bought from him anyway if that's how he is.

15. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Likes mxtuner1 liked this post