Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "Man In Black" has arrived

Post Thanks / Like

Slayers are so much fun to shoot. Compared to modern bows, (nothing against this design btw), they do jump forward and they do have shorter valleys. They force you to hold against "the wall", and actually help you to become a better shooter, more consistent. The forward jump not only allows you to use different shoulder muscles during the shot sequence as it moves forward, but when you become "one" with the bow you can tell where the arrow hit before you look through your bino's as you can tell what type of release you had. By becoming "one" with the bow, it not only helps you hold against the "wall", but promotes proper follow through with the shot so you become much more consistent. Your archery experience will grow exponentially now. Most will call this an "old" design. But wait til after the arrow goes 30 yards and they see how fast your arrows are still traveling. Sure you will get a little hand buzz. These are made for men, not metro-sexuals. Naming it after the real "man-in-black" is really cool and it will represent him to a tee. Great choice.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

So true! Should have seen the look on Elkslayer's face after the first time he shot my Slayer. He has a Jennings Deerslayer, which is pretty quick, that he's had since it was new, and he shoots aluminum logs, so my carbons were in the target way before his logs got there! Anyway, back to the first time he shot my Slayer, turns to me with a sort of dazed look, shakes his head, and shoots another arrow, hands the bow back to me and says "Wow! Thats fast!" He got his Nitrous camed 2004 Cougar III Elite shortly after that!
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 04-25-2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Swearing
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Let him ride up front with his seatbelt on
    IMG_20140425_114805_306.jpg
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

4. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Likes naptime, Arrow Splitter, CLT Bluesman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice bow
    Last edited by mxtuner1; 04-27-2014 at 08:58 AM.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the 30 06 bow cases at Eders for about 30.00 dollars fit my scepter 4 bows well padded great buy for the money.

7. Thanks CLT Bluesman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

left her at home otherwise my bow would be in back seat no trunks here only boxes

9. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post