Thread: Trophy Ridge Hit Man 7 Input Needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trophy Ridge Hit Man 7 Input Needed

Just sold my Spot Hogg Real Deal, it did not have the wrap.
    I need a brighter sight as I loose focus of the pins.
    So I am looking at the Hit Man 7.
    I placed the Hit man side by side with the Spot Hogg SDP and the Hit Man seems to be brighter.
    Any reason not to get the Hit Man ?

Post Thanks / Like

None that I can think of, if the pins are brighter and you like it. Plenty if it was me, old eyes can't see past all those pins. What type of shooting do you do, Target, 3D, or mainly hunting? I'm a comfirmed slider single pin shooter, although if I shoot more 3D shoots, I might use a 5 pin, as the slider puts me in a tougher class.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the hitman, but I do have the Firewire V5, and it rocks! Love the Trophy Ridge stuff, and the pins are BRIGHT! Sometimes they're almost too bright... But in a dawn/dusk situation, they are really nice to have and see
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Had same issues with other sights. I like my bright. I use the Archery Exterm 5 pin Primal with light for $150 or a HHA singe pin adjustsble mode 5519 $139. Both super bright . The HHA is 30-100 yards, the Primal is from 40-80 at 30 yards the pins on the belly. Here in N. AZ you need to reach out to 80 sometimes.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by Tosi; 04-24-2014 at 07:07 PM.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Hitman 5 & Firewire V5.
    The Hitman works well even with limited light.
    The Firewire can be too bright in direct light, causes the pins to look bigger & fuzzy edged.
    Both housings accept UV lights.

DK

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all
    Think I will install a Hit Man 7 tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Installed the Hit Man 7 last week.
    Had a few chances to try it out in bright light and shady areas.
    Glad I made the switch, it is much better than my old Spott Hogg.

Post Thanks / Like

The TR vertical pin sights are actually fairly nice... I highly suggest you check them out, it clears up the clutter.

I shoot an Axcel Armortech and for quality it's hands down the best sight I've ever owned. But I haven't messed with any Spot Hogg sights, I hear they are nice. The pins are OK on the Armortech, not the brightest. I don't like really bright pins because they halo bad and create lens flares in direct sunlight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPR79 View Post
    The TR vertical pin sights are actually fairly nice... I highly suggest you check them out, it clears up the clutter.I shoot an Axcel Armortech and for quality it's hands down the best sight I've ever owned. But I haven't messed with any Spot Hogg sights, I hear they are nice. The pins are OK on the Armortech, not the brightest. I don't like really bright pins because they halo bad and create lens flares in direct sunlight.
    S0 did the HHA OL 5519, cleared it up so well that I have 3 of them! All with the rheostat to dim the pins when needed!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    S0 did the HHA OL 5519, cleared it up so well that I have 3 of them! All with the rheostat to dim the pins when needed!
    I have a lot of love for HHAs. I miss the one I had (5019) and will get the one with a rheostat if I buy another. Simplistic design really. Just wish I could find their 3 pin sliders that no one seems to carry that were made in 2012. :/