Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Man In Black" has arrived

Post Thanks / Like

Default The "Man In Black" has arrived

MIB.JPG
    The "Man in Black" arrived today!! What a great looking bow. I have not shot it yet, will do tomorrow. I am very pleased with how it turned out. Jim AKA MXTuner1 did a wonderful job.

The old Cougar II, was the King in its day, 33 years ago. He was the King in my house, until today. "The Man in Black" is the new Boss in this house.

For the particulars: 55 lbs, 13in limbs, Bodoodle rest, little 3 arrow Kwikee Kwiver, Limbsaver 5 pin plus 1 sight. Went with the Wally World "Speed Freak" arrows, with Rage 100 grain broadheads.

Can't wait to get it dialed in with my arrows and get to the turkey woods with it. Think I will use the old Wasp cam-lock broadheads for the turkeys. This bow is the &%(*!

Jim, Thank you so much, I am glad you decided to give up part of your cache to us. I have a Martin classic!!!! The "Man in Black"

I will keep y'all updated with the first shots tomorrow.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

2. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, that's a nice bow.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

4. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

sweet nice bow should enjoy the next 20 years with this one as well quick question R the limbs 13 inch with round buts or square buts that have been shortend just curious

6. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back before powertuff limbs ( the ones with the rounded butt ) Martin had 4 differnt limbs, 17" Elite ( had a recurve in them ) 16" straight, 14" Magnum, and 13" Super Magnum, all with the square butt.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

8. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

congrats nice looking bow
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

10. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 13 inch super magnums must of been rare never seen them before I like the all black even the cams looks cool
    2013 Martin Onza Xt
    2012 Martin Cougar Fc
    2011 Martin Ridge Hunter turned Silencer
    2006 Martin Cougar 4se
    Fred Bear Grizzly @ 45lbs and Shakespear wonderbow @ 50lbs
    Love bows and everything bout bow hunting!!!

12. Thanks mxtuner1, CLT Bluesman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a hard case for the new Slayer. I looked at the Plano that Gander Mountain stocks, just a tad too short. Gotta take care of the "Man in Black" when in transit. If anyone has any recommendations, let me know
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

14. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I believe this story at all.

That looks nothing like Johnny Cash.

All I see is a super nice bow. But, where is Johnny? I thought this post was about Johnny?

Why are you taking Johnny into the woods to kill turkeys? I would think this amazing bow would be better suited for that task.

But what do I know

;-)
    2004 Martin Jaguazor 60# 27" Twisted Archer strings. Trophy Ridge Revolution rest. Trophy Ridge Pursuit sight.
    2004 Bowtech Pro40 Wheely. 60# 27" VaporTrail strings. Trophy Taker fall away rest. HHA Optimizer lite sight.
    http://www.ToledoTees.com

16. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Likes wscywabbit, mxtuner1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Bluesman View Post
    Looking for a hard case for the new Slayer. I looked at the Plano that Gander Mountain stocks, just a tad too short. Gotta take care of the "Man in Black" when in transit. If anyone has any recommendations, let me know
    I transport my Slayers in heavy duty Nylon padded cases that I've made for them. I've been using them from the time I got my first Slayer, having a compact truck, a hard case just took up too much room. Got a Youth compound for elkslayer9x8 right after I got my Slayer, found no soft bow that would his bow snugly, and decided to make him one, then made one for my bow. After I got my second Slayer I first made a double case to carry them both in, although it held them securely, it was pretty heavy, so I went back to single cases. My design improved with each case I made. Most of my hunting is done off of my mountain bike, so I'm usually transporting bikes and bows in the same compact truck. Been doing that for the last three years. Before I moved up here to Oregon, I came up here to hunt 4 times, truck loaded with camping gear, including my bow it it's padded case. I've never had to readjust anything, or incured any sort of damage to my Slayer. Below is a pic of my truck loaded with bikes and bows, and the bike trailer my son and I made to haul out heavy game. Above that, you'll find a link to the bowcase page of my website. The first line of my signature is also a link to the website.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/bow-cases.html
    bike load.JPG
    Front view.JPG
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

18. Thanks mxtuner1, CLT Bluesman thanked for this post
    Likes mxtuner1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    I don't know if I believe this story at all.

That looks nothing like Johnny Cash.

All I see is a super nice bow. But, where is Johnny? I thought this post was about Johnny?

Why are you taking Johnny into the woods to kill turkeys? I would think this amazing bow would be better suited for that task.

But what do I know

;-)
    "The Ring of Fire" is about to descend on edible critters around here.

20. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Likes naptime, mxtuner1 liked this post