Thread: Life

Post Thanks / Like

Default Life

I have been off line awhile. Life has just been crazy for me.

First my Mother who is 86 years old, lost her footing on a brick walk about three weeks ago and went down. She fell on the side of her face and her mouth. She had one heck of a bruise, knocked her front teeth back and tore her lip up. I had to take her to the Dentist, who referred her to an Oral Surgeon, who wanted her to go get a CT scan, then to her GP, then back to the oral surgeon. She goes back to the oral surgeon this week. Hopefully she will not lose any teeth, but she very well might. She is a strong woman. She looks and acts like shes 70. We are blessed she did not break anything else.

Then two weeks ago, my 85 year old mother in law (who lives with us) was attempting to sit on the arm of a recliner and missed and fell on her butt. She was not so lucky. Ended up breaking her femur at the neck of the ball in her hip. She had to get an immediate partial hip replacement. She is now in a rehab facility, trying to strenghtn her hip and learn to walk, etc. so she can come home. Dementia is complicating her recovery. But bless her heart, she is trying to the maximum of her ability.

Then yesterday, I was driving home and we had a bad thunderstorm and I hydroplaned on the interstate and started spinning around, and got stopped by the guardrail. Probably totaled my paid for truck. 2004 Silverado. I am ok.

What have I learned? Life can change in a second. Better hug the ones you love daily, and tell them you love them. You never know if you will lose that opportunity in a split second.

I am grateful for my family and my friends. Including the friends I have made on this forum. God bless each and every one of you

The Bluesman.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

Post Thanks / Like

God bless you and yours, Bluesman; the road isn't always smooth. Seems you've hit quite a few potholes in life lately. Hope all gets smoother... o
    Anything I may post is in no way meant to besmirch anyone or any entity in any way, so please don't take it, wrongly, as such. Thank You.

3. Thanks CLT Bluesman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They say things some in threes. Hopefully these three will end your string of bad luck. Fortunately my mother, who is now 87 is in pretty good health, but she has had some bouts of falling for no apparent reason. She now lives with my sister and is well cared for, almost too well. I hope your luck changes for the better.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

5. Thanks CLT Bluesman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, very nice and god speed to you all as you are family.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

7. Thanks CLT Bluesman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad that the two mothers are recovering, and that you made it out of the truck without injury!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

9. Thanks CLT Bluesman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you're going through... First, dad hurt (3 surgeries), then my brother with stage 4 cancer and 3 surgeries, then my mom with frost bit fingers and all this at the same time. And then my brother dying in March. And then last week my sister cracked a vertebrae, her second time. She has that "O" name disease - fragile bone thing. So from December 20, 2013 to just last week. Almost scared to answer the phone.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

11. Thanks CLT Bluesman thanked for this post