Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien Nitro 2014 ----- Full Review

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alien Nitro 2014 ----- Full Review

Finally, the bow is here.

i got this bow as listed DEMO in EBAY.

But after opening the box. inspected the bow, looks new to me at least. No sign of wear from the cable and center serving. Guess the bow is not shot, as the bottom cable is derailed. But easy fix for me.

Setup for and hour putting all the acc on.

(12mid night went to sleep after the bow is setup)

The following morning.

sighting at 20 yards. Some adjustment left and right. up and down. And some tiller tune (upper bolt +1.25 turn, bottom bolt -1.00 turn)....

Struggle for the first one hour to get the bow to shoot (as those who knws me, i have not shooting for the pass 1 years).

After 2 hours of shooting. some serious shooting at 30 yards... result as per pic below..
    Broke a knocks. and some hard hitting on the arrow shaft.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

2. Thanks wscywabbit, BoatBabe, Arrow Splitter thanked for this post
    Likes wscywabbit, TEN RING, Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PRO AND CON

i will compare this bow with Rytera Nemesis, which i used to shoot.

Pro ---- Alien Nitro
    BOW itself
    1. Nice finishing. better paint job on the Riser
    3. Nice string and cable set (yet to know) only 100 of shot taken over the pass two days
    4. Nice limb saver for the split limb
    5. Feather light weight bow. (Just love it for target. i can hold it for so long before executing the shot)
    6. Tuning is excatly same as other old Rytera or Martin with the Hybrix cam. Easy tuning.

Perfomance
    1. the bow is MUTE.... you wouldnt be suprise how silent the bow is.
    2. Compact, and lightweight
    3. Smooth and easy draw. suprisingly same Cam as older version 2.0 Cam. but the draw is much buttery smooth. maybe due to shorten split limb??/ i donno
    4. No vibration at all.
    5. Stable, maybe because shorter ATA, the bow dont catch much of wind

CONS
    1. the paint job for limbs are still rough especially on the decals.
    2. the stock rod slide are ...... (replaced with Saunder Rollerguide slider)
    3. The hardware like the nuts for the cam tend to come loose. Hmmm... maybe i need some loctite.
    4. the Thermal grip??? don even last me for an hour of shooting. hmmmm... doubt about it...

Compare to Rytera Nemesis. I love this Alien Nitro. cz it offer 27" of draw length.
    Module place at no.1, adjust draw stop,.... shoot.

i Will say, the spec advertised are real true.... unlike the older Rytera, the draw length tend to be longer as advertise

All and All, this bow is just better for me.
    Last edited by daiwateampenn; 05-11-2014 at 09:10 PM.
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

4. Thanks wscywabbit thanked for this post
    Likes wscywabbit, BoatBabe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

sweet bow I seen it on ebay good deal too

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone wanting one I have them in stock and if you send me a PM I am sure I can give you the deal you need to get it in your hands

Post Thanks / Like

Good report. And good to know that the specs are closer to what's advertised. I just ordered my Nemisis Nitro yesterday. With a white riser it'll probably be a while. Wonder how it will compare to my 2011 Nemisis???

By the way, for comparison how much better is the machining of the cams and modules? I have heard it is better, but haven't been able to compare it to my Nemisis side by side.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

That's great to hear DTP. I'm glad everything worked out for you.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Want to hear about that new Nemesis Barry when it comes in. I know you don't hunt anymore, I think/thought, but wondering if anyone thinks if the Nem would be too much for a tree stand?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Want to hear about that new Nemesis Barry when it comes in. I know you don't hunt anymore, I think/thought, but wondering if anyone thinks if the Nem would be too much for a tree stand?
    I was in a blind with a PSE longer than that, so I think you'll be fine.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I hunt out of a tree stand with my 66" longbow...has worked for me for many years!

12. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanRM View Post
    I hunt out of a tree stand with my 66" longbow...has worked for me for many years!
    Take this to heart, Brad. I guess if you're young and never hunted with some of the longer bows from yesteryear you would be able to make a decent comparison with the short bows of today. The compound bows I started with were right around 48" and the only time I ever had to pass a shot was from a permanent stand with railing around it and a near straight down shot. Now putting another thing in perspective, suppose you usually shoot a 32" bow. One that is 35" is only another 1 1/2" top and bottom and still way shorter than those early models. So really, unless you've spent some serious time with a long bow from decades ago your definition of short vs long is way different than mine.
    I can say that most of my easier to shoot, more accurate bows have been right around 38". The only reason I'm getting a Nemisis instead of a Scepter is because I can't get a draw length short enough with the Scepter. Such was not the case with my 2004 SlayR (37 3/4") with Nitrous cams, a bow I should have kept.

Still, when and if I get the Nemisis Nitro I'll post up my findings on it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver