Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hybrix cam mods splitting

  1. #1
    Senior Member EnglishKev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Hybrix cam mods splitting

    Well, 2 years almost to the day it has happened again.
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...thanks-to-Joel
    Checking over one of my bows I noticed one of the mods is starting to split right on the rounded corner just like the pics in tthis thread;
    http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...-Got-a-problem

    These are the later 2010 mods, the two bows I have with the earlier mods are Ok.
    Comparing the mods, the earlier ones do have a little more metel on that side.

    Guess I'll have to call Martin this week and see if they still have mods in stock.
    I believe the Nitro mods are the same so fingers crossed.

    Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

  2. #2
    Senior Member elkslayer4x5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lane County, Oregon
    Posts
    2,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Would the older mods fit the cams?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

  3. #3
    Senior Member EnglishKev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Would the older mods fit the cams?
    The Hybrix cams regardless of age were all the same, the 2009 mods will fit the later cams.
    I switched the old silver finish mods (fitted to the first batch of Alien bows made) to my 2010 3D bow which gets the most shooting, these have been on there over 2 years and are still fine.
    Just after this I fitted the new mods to the 2009 backup 3D bow, these are the ones that are now splitting.
    The later mods were more rounded and better finished, but also had less metal in some areas, noticably on the inside edge of the cable groove against the cam.
    The 'square' corner of the mod coincides with a thinned down area in the cam, with no support on the inner edge this is the area that splits on the later models.

    Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

  4. #4
    Super Moderator bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middletown, Pa, USA
    Posts
    11,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishKev View Post
    The Hybrix cams regardless of age were all the same, the 2009 mods will fit the later cams.
    I switched the old silver finish mods (fitted to the first batch of Alien bows made) to my 2010 3D bow which gets the most shooting, these have been on there over 2 years and are still fine.
    Just after this I fitted the new mods to the 2009 backup 3D bow, these are the ones that are now splitting.
    The later mods were more rounded and better finished, but also had less metal in some areas, noticably on the inside edge of the cable groove against the cam.
    The 'square' corner of the mod coincides with a thinned down area in the cam, with no support on the inner edge this is the area that splits on the later models.

    Kev
    Kev, you just don't seem to have good luck with these things. Sorry to hear that this is the second time.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

  5. #5
    Senior Member EnglishKev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Kev, you just don't seem to have good luck with these things. Sorry to hear that this is the second time.
    Yeah, got the short straw again LoL.

    Going to call them tonight (my time) and see if I can talk to someone.

    Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

  6. #6
    Senior Member EnglishKev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Got it all sorted.
    Been corresponding with John Nelson in customer services (very helpful).
    I am getting a set of mods under warranty.
    The excellent service of Martin Archery continues.

    I've purchased a spare set as well so just in case it happens again, I can avoid bow down time.

    Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

  7. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
  8. #7
    Super Moderator bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middletown, Pa, USA
    Posts
    11,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishKev View Post
    Got it all sorted.
    Been corresponding with John Nelson in customer services (very helpful).
    I am getting a set of mods under warranty.
    The excellent service of Martin Archery continues.

    I've purchased a spare set as well so just in case it happens again, I can avoid bow down time.

    Kev
    Smart move.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

  9. #8
    Senior Member EnglishKev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yippee, mods arrived in the post this morning

    All is once more right with the world

    Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

  10. #9
    Super Moderator bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middletown, Pa, USA
    Posts
    11,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Glad to hear it. What is that? About a week? OK, nine days. Not bad. Let's hope these last a while longer.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •