Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: firecat pro x

Post Thanks / Like

Default firecat pro x

I just bought a second hand firecat pro x and when I got it home discovered one of the mods was cracked so I need to replace it ,but don't know where I can get one ,I had the bow to a bowshop to get the draw length and shortened it to the minimum of 28 inches but my draw length is 27 inches,can is there a mod that I can get to shorten the draw length to 27 inches ,the bowshop owner said he does not sell martin bows.Iam new to the sport and don't realy know much about bows yet ,any help would be greatly appreciated the bow serial number is 0930266

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They had a standard mod 26" to 29" call Martin 1-800-541-8902 they may still have one the bow is a 2009 model

Post Thanks / Like

The folks at Martin will need to know what cam is on your bow. Welcome to the site.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

it says on the cam its a cat2

Post Thanks / Like

ordered a set of new mods from the online store about 8 days ago ,had an email that said the parts were ready for shipping 6 days ago but still has not shipped them out ,not very pleased with the service im getting ,already missed a 3d shoot and probably gonna miss another one this weekend ,thinking really hard on getting a new bow but with the service im getting from Martin don't think ill invest in another martin bow

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had seen this thread sooner. The Cat2 cam used two modules to accommodate the draw length range as explained above by Greg. The part # for the modules you need is 3014, which they may or may not have because Martin quit using this setup in 2009 and changed to a standard module and two different cam sizes in subsequent years. The modules you ordered (part # 3017) may or may not fit your cams. If they do they may not give you the draw length you need. Guess you'll find out.

However, I think you should call John at the warranty dept and ask if they have any of the 3014 modules in stock. It's no fault of theirs if they don't. New owners bought the company last October so there may or may not have been any of these modules left from before the sale. Bear in mind these mods have been out of production for 5 years.

I don't want to sound condescending, but this is why many of us recommend setting up a bow for your draw length,etc prior to buying. Had you done this you would have seen that it wouldn't go short enough for you. You might have seen the cracked module and been able to ask questions prior to buying it. In any case I hope you get things ironed out. Maybe you could find a used set of mods in the classifieds on AT if they factory doesn't have any.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

If I cant get the right cam for the bow is there anything I can do or buy to get the bow shootable or do I have a ornament

Post Thanks / Like

If Martin doesn't have module that you need, you can always place an ad both here in the classified ads or on ArcheryTalk.com's classified ads, There are lots of those modules out there. Not quite a wall hanger yet, it just may take some time. Hard to wait, but be patient, Martin may get them to you yet.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 06-08-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to sound snide but if they were to have kept the standard mods from my original CAT cams they replaced recently just for cases like this, they might be able to send your those. The mods were in perfect shape; it was just the lower cam that had a little warpage in the thin webbing between the two major lobes that caused me to get it repaired and effectively upgraded with Nitro 3 cams and such.
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

The firecat Pro X has a cat2 cam and the standard module should have a draw length from 26 to 29 inches.If you can't find a set of modules anywhere else I have a set I will let go for $20 plus shipping.
    Owner of Prairie archery
    Grangeville, Idaho