Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little bit perturbed

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little bit perturbed

I am a little bit perturbed at how the "New" Martin is acting concerning the old customers. "We" used to really like the older Martin's for their customizability by the consumer. Now when you call, they first direct you to the website for the parts, and of course the needed parts aren't there, so then you call back and they tell you that you can only order through a dealer. So then you go to the dealer list...and a bunch of them don't call themselves Martin dealer's anymore and say they are not coming back. The tinkerer's and thinkers and "normal" American crafter are being left out. I wish them well but Martin used to be for us...now seems like going down a road of...
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Really before I wrote that I tried to think of am amicable solution...and could not come up with one. Yes dealer's should be supported and I commend them for that. Someone needs to take care of the "list" so we can get something accomplished with the bows we love to work on. Also I don't expect them to stock all the old parts or to remake them but the stuff that is available.. give us access to them. We like to not only keep our pride and joys, but keeping them up and running too.
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

3. Likes webbnate_45, Ehunter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Amen brother! If they don't take care of the old Martin shooters,we wont be new martin shooters!

5. Thanks underwood, mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Likes Rangerj, underwood, webbnate_45, Ehunter liked this post
    Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea the old Martin ran the business into the ground really good job they did taking care of anything.
    They leave a complete mess for the new owners and they can only do so much.
    Go shoot a Mathews

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for the new company...and all for the Martin dealers too. You may have misunderstood my rant in that I just wish the old loyal could have easier access to the parts. I know about the old history of Martin archery, I have a good friend who was a manager of the Yakima plant (now shut down). I am also excited for the fresh ideas they (new owners) are coming up with. So please don't think I'm turning my back on Martin, just venting on the nos parts that are there with limited access.

8. Likes CLT Bluesman liked this post
    Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand but they purposely through out and took much of the old parts to make it hard for who ever bought them.
    They did not care about the 60 years of faithful customers but only cared about themselves.
    The new owners are screwed when it comes to old parts and trying to cover old warranties since they do not have parts to work with.
    They try to help but end up putting parts and pieces together that are untested and some times fail.
    What do you need I can give them a call and try to help you
    Greg 251-943-5585

10. Likes Rangerj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishingandHuntingUSA View Post
    Yea the old Martin ran the business into the ground really good job they did taking care of anything.
    They leave a complete mess for the new owners and they can only do so much.
    Go shoot a Mathews
    The initiator of this thread is merely stating that he hopes the new Martin honors the tradition of the old Martin, the Martin that was the Martin company of Gail Martin before it was mismanaged into almost the dust bin of history. It is frustrating for us lovers of Martin to struggle for the parts, and bits needed to keep our "classic" Martins up and running. Old Martins are like old Chevy's, or old Harleys. We love them, and we want to keep them and show them off as the marvels of design that they are. We also want the new models to be of that same innovation so that they can be the classics of tomorrow. When we recognize that they are, we may buy one for ourselves are to start a new shooter off.

To insult someone who obviously loves the brand as much as the "tuner" does, and to suggest that he throw up his hands in despair and go to the other brand is well "insulting". Thats all I am going to say about it.

Bluesman
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

12. Thanks underwood, mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Greg,
    I apologize for suggesting you insulted the "tuner". I did not see your last post on the thread. Very nice of you to offer your help. The last thing I want to see is this forum become like AT. This is such a great forum, and we all seem to get along so good. Thanks again for offering to help. It is just frustrating at times. I do hope its not true that the last management of Martin purposely attempted to sabotage success for the new owners of the brand. That would be sad.
    2007 Slayer, 55#, Nitrous C, Bodoodle rest, Limbsaver sight, Kwikee Kwiver 3 arrow, Aka "The Man in Black"
    1981 Martin Cougar II MT-6, 60#, Whisker Biscuit, Fuse sight. Kwikee Kwiver
    1984 Browning Deluxe Nomad II XL, 50#, Browning Rack & Pinion sight, Flipper II rest. Kwikee Kwiver

14. Likes Rangerj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can accept the "rant" for what it is and the ensuing posts that followed. I feel certain that the Martin family was busy using any many of the stocked parts to build bows for K&M that they left the new owners/management with little or nothing to work with when trying to warrant older bows. As Greg says, they may have had vey little to work with. Maybe they bought the company, but we do not know if they bought the patent rights or the plans and design capabilities to make parts for older bows.

It's pretty obvious that they can build bows and have parts for some of the newer designs, say from about 2010 and up, as they were pretty similar. What, if any parts they might have for older bows is probably hit or miss or nonexistent. Certainly not the new owners' fault and probably not cost effective to make such parts.

I would think that the biggest challenge right now is going to be recruiting and establishing a stable and wide spread dealer base. It's one thing for a dealer/shop to get listed as a dealer of Martin bows. It's quite another for them to actually order and sell such bows and have some in stock. Maybe this is where the new management needs to follow up, with the help of their sales reps of course.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

They really need to update their dealer list too. Clean it out and add the new dealers.
    Top Nock Archery
    Appling, GA
    Authorized Martin Dealer