Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A little bit perturbed

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry for that comment but I get to rant and rave to, I have been trying to help a lot of guys with Martin
    and have listened to so much complaining about how the new Martin doesn't care, I get tired of hearing it.
    It is not true at all, they do want to help but are very limited when it comes to anything over a couple years old.
    They really do not even have to cover warranties prior to their purchase on anything they did not sell.
    It is not their responsibility but they are covering all old warranties the best way they can and everyone
    just seems to bash them for about it instead of understanding their situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Barry. I saw or heard of the parts situation and probably should have posted. Yes, lots of parts were used up or thrown out or whatever.
    Patience is a good word when considering the New Martin Company. I'm going through this right now with Ben Pearson Outdoors, was Ben Pearson Archery. Okay, Ben Pearson was sold, paper work gone, missing through staff removed, emails, contracts, bow orders, you name it. I've been waiting on my factory bow since January. Lots of headaches due to family issues and miscommunication and then Pearson bought and staff removed. And Ben Pearson, everything moved to North Carolina. Lord. Last word was my bow might be built in two weeks.
    Only contact I have is my Staff Coordinator and he's playing it by ear, telephone calls.

Pain in the butt, but checking dealer by dealer parts might be found....
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

Post Thanks / Like

I'm totally in agreement with Greg and Sonny.

I'm aware of some of what is going on at Pearson. They're in much the same situation as the boys at Martin.. A couple weeks ago one of their staff contacted me asking about some of the features I would be looking for in a woman/ youth bow as I had been looking at the Kraken for Natalie. Not that I know a whole bunch about bow design, but as I have posted before I'm not thrilled with all these one-size-fits-all bows being brought out by Diamond, Mission, PSE, Hoyt, and whoever. Their adjustment ranges are way beyond what is needed by almost everybody, and most of these bows are way too short to cover all the bases.

What most people don't realize is that these new owners are almost starting a business from scratch. In Martin's case they have to overcome the damage brought about to their name and dealer/customer base over a period of at least the last 5 years. The previous owners hadn't even paid their Pro's contingency money nor their sales reps their due commissions for a period of about 2 years. Is it any wonder the sales reps are skeptical along with their dealers? The repair is going to take time and from what I have learned from talking with certain members at Martin the new management is dedicated to the cause. It's going to take time which I'm sure they are aware of.

I have talked to some of the employees at Martin just to call and say hello to some I remember. To a man/woman they are glad to be back to work doing what they know and all have kind words for the new management personnel. Much better to work with/for than the previous administration.

In the meantime we who are Martin followers need to show some patience. And for the newer members here and a reminder to some of the older ones----There has been very little in the way of bickering and/or bashing on this site and it SHALL remain that way. If you have some displeasure about something and wish to post please read what you have written before hitting the post button so as not to be misinterpreted.
    Last edited by bfisher; 05-28-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest fear with this site is that it will become like AT, everyone has an opinion and you are wrong. This Martin forum is probably my favorite website. I have a lot of new brother's and sister's of different mothers here. I do not hold the new Martin liable for anything. We know bridges have to be burnt and that we want to focus on what's new. One of the main reasons Rich bought into Martin was because of the heritage. A very good product for a working man's price. They are doing a lot of things right, still improving, and seem as though they care about us. Just miss the real old days of calling up Vince and then later Joel and getting exactly what you need. 30 minutes of frustration on the website and three phone calls and still not sure I will get the parts that they say they have. I love to tinker and the nitrous and fury x bows were a genius creation. I dislike that there is an end of their usefulness in sight. Dear Martin, you have the coals burning....Please give us some fire like we had not too long ago!
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

5. Likes Rangerj, otisT, CLT Bluesman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have no fear mxtuner, as Barry said "There has been very little in the way of bickering and/or bashing on this site and it SHALL remain that way".

I agree with Barry and Sonny as well. We all need to give Martin more time than they've had already, because they are humans just like we are and not miracle workers.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

7. Likes CLT Bluesman liked this post
    String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

mxturner1,
    Have no fear on this site becoming like AT! We don't play favorites here and won't. If it gets out of hand anyone of us moderators will take care of it. The biggest thing is these type of threads usually do get out of hand. Its an open door for all opinions. So we tend to squash them before they get out of hand.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

9. Likes CLT Bluesman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks gents
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Mod squad out in force.....

Post Thanks / Like

How about a sign along this order;

"For parts and/or service on 2010-current model bows, please contact your local Martin dealer; for bows older than 2010, please contact Martin Archery directly."

Take the heat off the local dealers - they need to concentrate on new sales and current model repairs, not wasting shop hours and phone hours chasing down older, hard to find and/or identify parts; three party confusion calls. If repairs and chasing parts wastes too much time, carrying the product may not be worth the cost for the dealer. Don't waste their time.

One knowledgeable parts person at Martin would have far less problem identifying and finding those older parts - put 'em in a different room or section and put him and his phone there; a desk to put his feet up on for when he gets all caught up. A bulletin board to post all his happy customer's letters on; few pictures of dead dear, elk, pig and porcupines, ect.; NO SNAKES!!

KISS and listen, would be my advise on this subject to Martin. And, btw, Martin Archery, old or new, is lucky to have supporters like MX... and many others on this site. For their sake, I hope they do read and listen here; I suspect they do, should ball up and post too. This thread, which MX started, shines light on a really BIG problem with such simple solutions; maybe not the one I suggest, but there are many other SIMPLE and effective solutions. Best to all.... o
    Last edited by otisT; 05-29-2014 at 12:49 AM.
    Anything I may post is in no way meant to besmirch anyone or any entity in any way, so please don't take it, wrongly, as such. Thank You.

13. Likes mxtuner1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no issue with bashing so long as it's done in the proper indiscreet manner
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

15. Thanks Rangerj thanked for this post
    Likes Rangerj, CLT Bluesman, mxtuner1 liked this post