Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need opinions on Nemesis limb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishingandHuntingUSA View Post
    It should be fine, I would not worry about it
    I appreciate the reply, and tend to agree with it. I'd take it Whitetail hunting in a minute.

Here's the thing from my perspective. I'm about to make a flight of more than 20 hours, one way. Taxidermy and all, I'll likely spend well north of $16,000 on this trip. I'll be gone for just at three weeks.

I just don't think this is the bow that would be my best back-up for this trip. There's simply too much at stake. Maybe if I had another month or two to play with it, I'd develop enough confidence in it.

I've no doubt that when I get back I'll work it out one way or the other. Hopefully the "new Martin" will have replacement limbs. If not, I'll deal with what I've
    got. This was my primary bow on an '11 African hunt. Took 5 heads with it.

I'm not down on Martin or this bow. Matter of fact, I'm really fond of this bow. I'm just needing a higher confidence factor.

Thanks for the replies.

2. Likes otisT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at the IBO world indoors and I took my bow out of case and the limb had a splinter in the center of the limb I shot the course and when I got home I filled it with epoxy shot that bow for another year sold to a friend and he is still shooting it
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    I was at the IBO world indoors and I took my bow out of case and the limb had a splinter in the center of the limb I shot the course and when I got home I filled it with epoxy shot that bow for another year sold to a friend and he is still shooting it
    and I hope you shot well with it.

As I see it, the difference is that you showed up at the shoot and were stuck with what you had. In my case, I do have some choices. The Nemesis was a back-up from the start.

I broke out a Black Ice this morning that has made two trips to Africa already. With a quick modified French tune, it seemed that everything was good.
    Did some bareshafting back to 20, all looking good.

Hopefully this afternoon or in the morning I'll be slinging some broadheads with it. Seems that nothing's changed on this bow since it last killed a Warthog in August '11.

I truly appreciate all the positive responses. I wouldn't be overly concerned to take of to Africa tomorrow with this Nemesis. It's just that at this point, I think I have options that I'm more comfortable (higher level of confidence) with.

Just as a side note, I recently gave a ('10?) Pantera to a nephew. It's on it's 3rd set of limbs. I loved that bow, but lost all confidence in it. The first set of limbs split in Canada and the second in Africa.

It's a bitch when things go south in the back yard. It's devastating when it happens out of country where you're probably spending $300 a day and you can't hunt due to working on your bow.

Thanks for the replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bbjavelina View Post
    and I hope you shot well with it.

As I see it, the difference is that you showed up at the shoot and were stuck with what you had. In my case, I do have some choices. The Nemesis was a back-up from the start.

I broke out a Black Ice this morning that has made two trips to Africa already. With a quick modified French tune, it seemed that everything was good.
    Did some bareshafting back to 20, all looking good.

Hopefully this afternoon or in the morning I'll be slinging some broadheads with it. Seems that nothing's changed on this bow since it last killed a Warthog in August '11.

I truly appreciate all the positive responses. I wouldn't be overly concerned to take of to Africa tomorrow with this Nemesis. It's just that at this point, I think I have options that I'm more comfortable (higher level of confidence) with.

Just as a side note, I recently gave a ('10?) Pantera to a nephew. It's on it's 3rd set of limbs. I loved that bow, but lost all confidence in it. The first set of limbs split in Canada and the second in Africa.

It's a bitch when things go south in the back yard. It's devastating when it happens out of country where you're probably spending $300 a day and you can't hunt due to working on your bow.

Thanks for the replies.
    For what it's worth if I were in your shoes I would make the same decision. It is fortunate that you have another bow to fall back on.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

6. Likes Arrow Splitter, otisT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    For what it's worth if I were in your shoes I would make the same decision. It is fortunate that you have another bow to fall back on.
    That is a fortunate thing. The sad part is that I have several bows to fall back on. I'm thinking that may not be too bright of me. How many backups does a man need? Well, at this point, I don't know, but I know I have plenty. I guess I'm a bow hoarder. I know I'm not very bright, but, at least, my wife doesn't bring it up more than once or twice a day. I like that woman.

Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 06-01-2014 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Swearing

Post Thanks / Like

That is a fortunate thing. The sad part is that I have several bows to fall back on. I'm thinking that may not be too bright of me. How many backups does a man need? Well, at this point, I don't know, but I know I have plenty. I guess I'm a bow hoarder. I know I'm not very bright, but, at least, my wife doesn't bring it up more than once or twice a day. I like that woman.

Thanks for the replies.
    whats your primary bow slated for your trip? then, that would determine whether or not I'd worry about the back up bow too much. Imo it would add a little extra nostalgia to your safari memory if you were to add a kill with a splintered limbed bow while there. why only take one back up bow? if you possibly could have such bad luck (jeep runs over bow case, elephant tramples your tent, etc) that you could need to resort to a back up then things may be so bad bow #2 may be damaged as well, s0 you'd need or want a bow #3 over there too. with the nemesis you can swap string with no press, assuming you have an extra set for emergency repair so you may at least consider a back up string set.
    Last edited by madman350; 06-01-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My primary bow? I can only imagine what'll be thought about this! It's a '12 Bowtech Invasion. I know. I know. It'll probably blow up just sitting around.

As for taking a 3rd bow, there'll be three of us there and we're taking 6 bows. I'll just borrow one if needed. However, there is another Bowtech in the mix.

Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

That Invasion will be just fine, they are a great bow. If you are looking for some Barnsdale limbs for a Nemesis, I have some 70lbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    That Invasion will be just fine, they are a great bow. If you are looking for some Barnsdale limbs for a Nemesis, I have some 70lbers.
    Now that's tempting right there. But, due to my advanced age, I'd have to have them backed nearly all the way down. The Doc says I'm not likely to gain strength ever again. I think he's right.

All you whippersnappers enjoy what you've got while you still got it.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's tempting right there. But, due to my advanced age, I'd have to have them backed nearly all the way down. The Doc says I'm not likely to gain strength ever again. I think he's right.

All you whippersnappers enjoy what you've got while you still got it.
    Something tells me you do just fine, whippersnapper or not I'm not young either at 42, I just refuse to grow up, or so my wife tells me.