Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: martin exile?? Need quick answer

Post Thanks / Like

Default martin exile?? Need quick answer

Thinking about buying a new martin exile on ebay for my brother. Has fury xt cam and from what I could find online they were a 2011 bow. So did they start remaking them with the fury cam or is this an older bow that never sold and was outfitted with the fury cam possibly? From what I could find it would have had the acutrack cam. Hope someone can help auction end in an hour! Thanks
    Genesis 21:20 - And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm late, but it is a 2011 bow and the Accutrak was replaced with the Fury XT. I would have answered yesterday, but I was sleeping when you posted.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply A.S. I decided against it. They have more exiles for sale in that $200.00 range just can't believe there are 2011 model year bows that managed to sit on the shelves this long.
    Genesis 21:20 - And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by webbnate_45 View Post
    Thanks for the reply A.S. I decided against it. They have more exiles for sale in that $200.00 range just can't believe there are 2011 model year bows that managed to sit on the shelves this long.
    Why not?
    If the shop had them in stock, but no one wanted to buy them, they could sit there for 2/3 years no problem.
    Not every shop clears thier inventory every year.
    For $200 I would have thought it was a good deal.

Kev
    2009 AlienX
    2009 AlienX (not a misprint, I have two)
    2010 AlienX
    I have other bows as well

Post Thanks / Like

Are these bow being sold by KM Archery? KM (rumered to be part of the Martin family ) bought leftover parts when Martin was being sold and assembeled them into bows that are not normal configurations, .. a 2011 Martin Exile with the Fury XT cam for instance. So you are likely to see new 2011 bows, they didn't sit on shelves, they were in parts bins. From what I've read here, Martin is honering the warranty on those bows. Looks as if those bows are the deal that they apper to be!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I should have been more clear, but that's exactly what I was referencing when I said the AccuTrak was replace by the FuryXT.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

They are not being sold by KM archery. I bought my supposed 2013 Nemesis from them {kmarchery} awhile back only to find out it is the 2012 riser with the hybrix 3.0 cams that typically would have been on the seeker. It is a frankenbow of sorts, but I am not complaining. It shoots amazing! And yes Martin did tell me they would honor the warranty. I am thinking these bows were built by them and then sold to various dealers. I believe fishingandhuntingusa even mentioned in a post they bought up a large portion of Martin's old inventory and I have seen some of them for sale on their ebay store. I am trying to steer my brother towards a Martin and seeing as I am paying for the bow up front I thought I'd hook him up with one if it is the right price. He really like the PSE Stinger though. So any thoughts on which is better between the stinger and exile????

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Exile...item3ce2757430

Here is a link to the current auction on ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

Shows as ended now, but for what it went for it would be a good bow for the price
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by webbnate_45 View Post
    . So any thoughts on which is better between the stinger and exile????
    Who has the better customer servive?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade