Not said enough is to check your bow. And "check" meaning thoroughly. Lord! Did I mess up and I guess through going nuts over the bare shaft/fletched arrow flying together. Anyway, I thought I contracted the "glitches" (refusing the term Target Panic). Right before last week end's State ASA Qualifier I had the "glitches" bad. Altered my grip, used different releases, and changed out orifices in my Super Peep. Nothing worked. I was left, I was right and then the bottom would drop out from under my arrow. Yeah, my arrow would just flop down a few inches for seemingly no reason at all. And then, wore out all seemed to go away to some extent. I figured I was coming out of whatever I had. Waiting for all to show up and hit the road, I was practicing on the Pekin range. Sort relaxed maybe, I was doing great. Got to the Qualifier and the "glitches" would show from time to time. Twice I had the bottom fall out from under my arrow for 5s. Some shots were so close, but then just a bit low of the X ring, though I did manage to catch 6 or 7 (score card is out in the car). Me, 4th place is not a stellar performance.

This week I went to work on my shooting. I still had arrows going left, right and falling for no dang reason I could find or think of. For whatever reason I checked my bow for timing. Shocked was what I experienced. The timing of my bow was off, it wasn't off due to string stretch. It off due to my limb draw stops advancing! Never! Never in my life have I seen adjustable limb stops advance. I've seen them slip, but slip backwards. The bottom cam timing tab looked a "mile" off, maybe a bit less than 1/8", and the top cam timing tab a little better.

So I backed off the draw stops and checked the timing. It was dead on. Timing a Pearson is just like timing a Martin, but Pearson has timing tabs out in the open. You can time the bow with a feeler gage, the tabs are that much out in the open.
And then you can set the draw stops by a feeler gage through the timing tabs. And that's what I did. Tabs out in the open, I used cellophane to slide between the timing tabs and the cables. I then adjusted the draw stops until when pulled into the wall the timing tabs would just hold the cellophane. About like adjusting lifters in a car engine. Stops set I went to shooting and all my "glitches" were gone.....

So check your bow from time to time and check it thoroughly....