Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fury XT issues

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like A.S. is on the right track. You may have excessive cam lean at full draw, which could be many things, including the spacers being wrong on the axle/bearings. If you can get someone to stand behind you and take a pic of the cam at draw, or put it on a draw board and snap a pic it could help. I also like the idea of switching limbs top/bottom, if the problem moves to the top cam then you've isolated part of the problem. Perhaps you got a mismatched pair of limbs on one limb set (not top/bottom, but left right) causing more lean under pressure...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

The cam does lean at full draw, but nothin more than any other single cam I've seen. I'd hate to tear the bow down but if that's what it takes then so be it.

Is there anyway to correct bottom can lean on single cams? I've got it right now so that it barely rubs the cable. But "good enough" isn't what I like to leave things at.

Post Thanks / Like

There is not any real way to correct the lean on the bottom, unfortunately. You can play with the spacers to try and address your clearance issue. You can play with the split string on the top idler wheel and see if it gains you any clearance, and if you swap limbs top/bottom and the cam lean moves to the the top, you can fix top lean with bus cable split (to a a point)...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

The new bows don't really come with spacers or washers, they look like stainless sleeves covering the axles. I'm thinking a thinner cable and halo serving would take care of this. I'll swap limbs this weekend when I have time to play with it more

On a side note, the draw feels smooth, and I love the draw stop. However, in all honesty it's not as smooth as the older accutrak and m-pro. Should be faster though

Post Thanks / Like

Update. Was drawing the bow (just me today so no pics) and holy crap does the bottom cam lean hard to the left (RH bow). I'm gonna swap limbs and see if that helps

Post Thanks / Like

Swapped limbs, almost got rid of the rubbing. Just slightly touching touching now. Shot the bow 20 times and no excess wear on the strings were visible, so all is good.

For a cheap bow, this thing is flat out amazing. Vibe free, super quiet, and pretty quick. A great bang for your buck

7. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    Swapped limbs, almost got rid of the rubbing. Just slightly touching touching now. Shot the bow 20 times and no excess wear on the strings were visible, so all is good.

For a cheap bow, this thing is flat out amazing. Vibe free, super quiet, and pretty quick. A great bang for your buck
    Glad to see that Jake.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com