Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is a truly great site w even better people

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is a truly great site w even better people

I am a relative newbie to the MartinTech site, but it is truly awesome. Because he is a jumble man, I won't say the name of one Vet who served our country for years as a proud member of the 101st Airborne, but heis like so many members-selfless.

I had to twist this gentleman's arm to take anything for a brand new set of Nitro 3.0 cams.

He & others here define what this sport/lifestyle is all about!
    ARCHERSHACK STAFF
    Brownell Fury, BCY Trophy, & BCY X Strings
    PALMETTO STATE STABILIZERS (by Archeryshack-COMING SOON)
    www.archeryshackstrings.com
    2013 Nemesis 35 (Black Carbon)
    2008 Slayer (Brushed Platinum)
    2007 Slayer (Gloss Black)

2. Thanks underwood thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you 100%. The members make the forum, and I appreciate the way the members on here treat each other. It makes my job easier as well.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

4. Thanks elcid99 thanked for this post
    Likes elcid99, TEN RING, CLT Bluesman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe it. This will sound a bit silly to some, especially younger folks, but this.truly is something the founding fathers of modern archery would be proud of. My dad met Mr. Bear, as in Fred, and the man was willing to share every ounce of his knowledge with anyone who had a passion for archery. The site would make Mr. G Martin very proud. Kudos to all who share their experiences, knowledge, and equipment with the remaining few who share the passion many folks on sites like AT just seem to lack.

As long as we all remember that we once didn't know the meaning of ATA or BH, and we speak/reply with complete respect to those who ask the most basic questions questions, the love these great men shared for the sport/way of life will continue.

God bless everyone, the passion we share for archery, and our wonderful Country where this is possible.....In case people were wondering, the Martin Militia never died.
    ARCHERSHACK STAFF

6. Thanks mxtuner1 thanked for this post
    Likes mxtuner1, otisT, underwood liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

elcid99 I couldn't agree with you more. I am somewhat a newbie myself having just returned to archery about 6 months ago after a long hiatus. I say I am new because so much changed with bows from when I was younger so I am relearning a lot of things. This site and the people on it are an unending source of knowledge and everyone is polite and always willing to help and answer any questions folks may have. I have learned a ton just reading through older posts. God bless you too sir.
    Genesis 21:20 - And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.

8. Thanks elcid99 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are gonna make me cry. Nice to hear such good reviews of this site. Since the days I became an admin, with the gracious help of some others, we drew up some "rules of engagement", if I can use the phrase. One of those rules is that everybody has different views and should be respected. I don't know how many actually read the rules, but it just seems that we have members here who are willing to share their experiences and show respect for each other and promote Martin Archery and the sport of archery/bowhunting in general. As such, there is little in the way of policing needs done, making the job of the mods and myself so much easier. To that end, I would like to thank all the active members.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

10. Likes Rangerj, webbnate_45, Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to confess, I've never read the rules of this site, I've just repsonded as everyone else here does, Basically followed that "Golden Rule" taught me by my parents and grandparents, Do unto others....
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

12. Likes Rangerj, webbnate_45, otisT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't intend to come across as a sap when I started this thread. I was trying to say that the way people interact on here is the way we as archers/hunters treated each other 20+ years ago. Not that anyone on here would need to, but folks on here don't hide behind a computer like so many do on another site.

New to this site, but certainly not a new archer. Respect has been the name of the game since I started slinging arrows over 25 years ago. If someone has an opinion, people realize it & respond accordingly....agree/disagree or whatever, but from what I have seen people are not attacked for for.simply providing an opinion. The folks on AT attack one another & many times respond with fighting words for nearly everything.....I feel rather sorry for them as they are not happy people.

So, it is nice to see mods who are involved in discussing archery vs having to police a site. I hope the new brass at Martin realize what they have....experienced archers who not only love Martin bows, but more important, truly treat others as they would like to be treated.

As mxtuner might say, well done "gents."
    ARCHERSHACK STAFF

14. Likes Rangerj, Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

elcid99,

You didn't come as a sap so don't need to apologize for anything. What's more, most times I'm a happy go lucky guy so please read some posts with humor in mind. And I do know what you men about AT. I spend a lot of time on their, too, but have gotten to a point that I lurk more than post. Now go have fun with the guys on here. Bye Bye.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

16. Thanks elcid99 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lurking on AT is like watching a train wreck or MMA fight...you can't help yourself. Sad too. I admit many bows are out there, but man those Mathews folks believe a deer has never been double lunged by any other bow.....heck, they truly think pros shoot them bc they are superior....they don't understand that those dudes who shoot pro can put most of us to shame w my bear whitetail....not exactly a pleasure to shoot, but they could dot an i & cross a t with it!
    ARCHERSHACK STAFF

18. Likes Rangerj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rules? We got rules? Yeah, well, I always thought this place a decent establishment until they started talking about archery
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

20. Likes Rangerj, Arrow Splitter, elkslayer4x5 liked this post