Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washington predators

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I was under the impression both were taken on the Reservation. I know a few people associated with the site that posted them & they are straight up. Sounds like this might be an unverified photo someone submitted? Again, I apologize.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post

These were taken in Simon's (Double S) back yard, the Colville Indian Reservation. I can understand all the Wolves together but have never seen 9 Cougar together. I don't know the setting (bait, winter kill, or pack kill) or exact location. My guess would be Keller or Inchelium areas. The Moose, Elk, and deer population are suffering big time from what I hear.

Over on the Rez they wouldn't take pics. Cougs would get the Triple S treatment. We have Wolves here now in Lincoln county. My Fed Ex driver keeps me up to date on their location. He'll see they dashing through the wheat fields or cross his path while he's making deliveries. My Cousin showed me a pic of one large wolf just sitting on the edge of here farm property watching the highway traffic pass. I hope to never cross one while bow hunting.

Post Thanks / Like

I know of four documented Wolf packs that are in the area of Inchelium and Keller. I have seen time stamped pictures and spoke directly with Tribal fish & game. The largest has 23 in it and ranges from Gold Mountain to Republic. I was just led to believe the cats were from there also. I know the Elk and Moose are taking a beating on the Rez. It seems some of the members are happy to see them on their land again?????? I'm sorry, I'm native and I'll kill every one I see without a second thought. People put spiritual beliefs ahead of reality a lot back home when the reality of rarely getting a deer or elk finally sinks in it will be way too late.

Just feel bad for unknowingly posting something false, even though they are great pictures.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about it. It's all good. I live right across the river from the Game preserve for the reservation. We've counted over 300 Elk on one hilltop. I
    I've seen Black bear and some big Mule Deer. The section is protected. My dad is a tribal member and he can't hunt in that area. He has to go somewhere to the north. Right now there's a fire on the preserve. I don't know if its controlled burn or caused by dry lightning or fireworks.

10379023_10203244264620956_5822600767187601033_n.jpg10492374_10203244264820961_7012208485327175362_n.jpg

I know of four documented Wolf packs that are in the area of Inchelium and Keller. I have seen time stamped pictures and spoke directly with Tribal fish & game. The largest has 23 in it and ranges from Gold Mountain to Republic. I was just led to believe the cats were from there also. I know the Elk and Moose are taking a beating on the Rez. It seems some of the members are happy to see them on their land again?????? I'm sorry, I'm native and I'll kill every one I see without a second thought. People put spiritual beliefs ahead of reality a lot back home when the reality of rarely getting a deer or elk finally sinks in it will be way too late.

Just feel bad for unknowingly posting something false, even though they are great pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

The reserve is only open during the Elk hunt or with special permit for deer or moose and sheep. Not quite sure how you go about getting a special permit. There are some monster Mule deer taken with bows from there every year. Here are two that came out of there last year by my cousins.
    This is Tony Desautel

and his dad Cody.

I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

6. Thanks Double S thanked for this post
    Likes Double S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop it with the pics Nutty!. Your making a grown man drool!!!!!.

My dad has some disabilities so it's hard for him to hunt now. If my dad did get a tag I could hunt for him but he has to be in earshot per the rules...Last time I checked.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Simon, I'll give three more then quit.
    Cody's 7x7 taken in the Hellsgate reserve with a bow at 25 yards.

T.J Erb's archery 7x7 bull from Canteen creek, also on the reserve.

I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Mulie that Cody took, ya'all grow some nice elk up there!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Darn it!. I passed out. LOL. I'm very familiar with Hellsgate. Sweet Bulls!.
    Ok Simon, I'll give three more then quit.
    Cody's 7x7 taken in the Hellsgate reserve with a bow at 25 yards.

T.J Erb's archery 7x7 bull from Canteen creek, also on the reserve.

11. Likes TEN RING liked this post