Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 70lb Cheetah maxes at 60lb

Post Thanks / Like

Of course, I've used a myriad of fixed heads, including Bear Razorheads. Muzzy's, American Broadhead, Satellites. I would like to try SlickTricks or G5's. Out of all the fixed broadheads the only one I didn't have consistent pass throughs with were the bear razorheads. I shot the Rages and even without pass through the blood trails were enormous and I've never had a deer go more than 25yrds. However, just once I'd like to see one punch through.
    08 Cheetah, 66#, peep eliminator, sts, Qad, Gold tip 7595, 100gr Rage. 396gr@260fps

Post Thanks / Like

What is your arrow weight? I've had all pass through with my Cheetah shooting about 63-64# and a 345gr arrow. I've since upped my arrow weight, but draw is the same with no issues.

Problem I've seen with rage is if you don't have the mass weight pushing it you won't get the pass through.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jujuscisyn View Post
    Of course, I've used a myriad of fixed heads, including Bear Razorheads. Muzzy's, American Broadhead, Satellites. I would like to try SlickTricks or G5's. Out of all the fixed broadheads the only one I didn't have consistent pass throughs with were the bear razorheads. I shot the Rages and even without pass through the blood trails were enormous and I've never had a deer go more than 25yrds. However, just once I'd like to see one punch through.
    Odd. Back when I used Bear Razorheads, I had no problem getting pass throughs and I was shooting a Bear recurve, a Super Kodiak then.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    What is your arrow weight? I've had all pass through with my Cheetah shooting about 63-64# and a 345gr arrow. I've since upped my arrow weight, but draw is the same with no issues.

Problem I've seen with rage is if you don't have the mass weight pushing it you won't get the pass through.
    I am at 396 with 100 grain heads@260fps, 421 with 125's @253. The 125 just about made it out of a quartering away buck at 40 yards. I have to get rebuild kits for the 125's.
    08 Cheetah, 66#, peep eliminator, sts, Qad, Gold tip 7595, 100gr Rage. 396gr@260fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Odd. Back when I used Bear Razorheads, I had no problem getting pass throughs and I was shooting a Bear recurve, a Super Kodiak then.
    Similar situation Elk, though I was 10 years old with a 55lb Martin recurve, arrows were as thick as a kindergarten crayon. My draw length was about 18-20 inches so there wasnt alot on that arrow. 140 grain head on about 450 grain stick. I graduated to a used Martin cougar in junior high.