Thread: What's comparable to a 2008 Slayer X/extreme??

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's comparable to a 2008 Slayer X/extreme??

I previously had a Martin Slayer X and loved that bow. It was fast and fun to shoot. It also had the CAT cams which some say are too aggressive but I really liked the entire bow. I sold it to play with the PSE X Force HF6's. Now .... I want to go back to Martin because the customer service is top notch!! I've also been playing in the Parker world as well but there is no real speed or power bows to be had there. So .... if I can't find another 08 Slayer X with CAT cams, what else is out there that would be comparable it? (Oh ... and on a side note, is it possible to change my screen name?? I found that the archery group in NY called NYBowhunter is ....well .... not a group I really want to be associated with. LOL)
    THIS SPACE IS RESERVED FOR WHEN I BECOME A STAFF SHOOTER!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

A comparable bow is the......2004-5 Slayr. It had a stiffer riser and I believe had more accuracy potential. I have a few...at one time 11!
    Addicted to Slayers or Slayr's, have more than one. Probably enjoy the mechanical side of archery the best. I have really enjoyed the articles and the stories on this site. I strive to help others with what little knowledge I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NY_Bowhunter View Post
    (Oh ... and on a side note, is it possible to change my screen name?? I found that the archery group in NY called NYBowhunter is ....well .... not a group I really want to be associated with. LOL)
    Just contact admin and you'll be taken care of. Welcome back by the way.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

If you thought that was a great bow then you'll love any of the new bows with the Nitro 3 cams. Similar feel In my opinion

I too loved the cat cams

Post Thanks / Like

Check the classifieds, I have a 2012 cougar fc pro with the nitro 2.0 cams on it listed fully loaded. Very accurate and Very fast, I believe ibo rating was 345fps. have both 60 and 70 pound limbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang!! 345 would be nice to hit.
    THIS SPACE IS RESERVED FOR WHEN I BECOME A STAFF SHOOTER!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

where in ny are you