Thread: 3D Pekin Illinois

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3D Pekin Illinois

Aug. 3, 2014. Finally got through a 3D at Pekin. Humidity was a bit high, but livable. Got my clunky shoulder to loosen a bit and did okay, not outstanding, but then if my score holds I may have just put the hammer on all the "pups." Only had 40 some shooters - ASA Classic and NFAA Nationals this same weekend. 282 was the highest I'd heard. I shot a 290. I had a bunch of 8s and 3 12s helped some. Got off to a rocky start by shooting lead through the half way point. Kids and their stick bows and me parted company and I picked up a late starting sidekick.
    Shot 5 8s on the first half and nailed a 12 for a 142. On the second half I dropped 3 8s and picked up 2 12s for 148. Dave is one of those guys who go for the 12 as much as he can, which, today, gave me something to aim at or something of a good reference point.
    So aching shoulder and Achilles' tendon acting up, this old dog felt pretty good.
    Last edited by Sonny Thomas; 08-03-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

2. Likes otisT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable! Got scores this morning. Now, that's f-a-s-t! Some one got me for high overall by -1- point. Oh well...
    50 some shot the 3D, but lots didn't turn in their scores. Dave didn't turn in his score. He said I had him by 21 points so I guess why he didn't turn his in. Oh yeah. Dave, someone else and I shot the 60 yard shot on the McKenzie buffalo. Dave went for the 14 ring and missed low for a 8. John, I think, almost shot over the buffalo for 5. I got the 10 ring around 8;00 between the 10 ring and center X ring. I didn't have a 60 yard mark and quesstimated, added the difference between 45 and 50 yards to my max 54 yard sight setting and tacked on 5 clicks (.002" adjustment per click). And that McKenzie buffalo, I can never figure how to hold on it. There just isn't a reference point that works for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself

4. Likes otisT liked this post