Thread: Nemesis 35 questions...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nemesis 35 questions...

Hey guys, I'm looking for some info on the 2013/14 Nemesis 35. My brother in law brought his 2013 over to me so that I could check specs and get everything set to factory. The problem is that the sticker calls for the strings to be 39 3/4" for the cables and 58" for the shoot string; however the shoot string didn't like to be twisted up that short, but with the string set at spec the ATA is almost 3/8 inch too long and the draw weight was 63# instead of 70#.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if the string specs on the limb are wrong. Right now the shoot string is longer than spec and the cables are shorter than spec, with an ATA of 35 1/4" and draw weight of 69#...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Factory Specs are just a starting point/reference point to begin tuning. Every bow I've ever owned, I've tuned it "out of spec". A 1/4" long isn't anything to worry about.

It gets sketchy once things start getting way out of wack, such as an inch long or short on A2A or Brace.

If it shoots good already, don't mess with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    Factory Specs are just a starting point/reference point to begin tuning.
    Oh, I completely understand that, my problem was primarily that the factory strings don't like to be even close to the specs they gave; the cables need to be shorter and the shoot string is long and doesn't like to be wound up to spec length. It just seems out of character compared to other bows I've worked on, usually the specs are at least close...
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent
    Owner of Prairie archery
    Grangeville, Idaho

Post Thanks / Like

Those are the same numbers that are printed on my 2013 Nemesis 35. I have not had the string/cables off to check them yet.

Not sure if the spec's changed for 2014 with the change to the cable rod vs. roller...seem's like it should have?

Post Thanks / Like

What numbers did middleman send you, Dean? From AT I found a thread from last year says string should be 58" and cables 39.75" on the 2013 with roller guard. Normally the cables are 1/2" longer with a roller guard. I guess I'll have to open the bow on the 2014 I have sitting here and see what the sticker says.

OK, it took 5 minutes and I was right. With a rod and slide (2014) the cables call for 39.25". String is still 58". And the ATA is right on at 35". Does this help?
    Last edited by bfisher; 08-12-2014 at 12:38 PM.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Barry, that is right in line with the sticker on my brother in law's bow. My problem was that the shoot string started doubling up on itself when I wound it down to 58 (it was 1/2" long when I took it off) and the cables were way short when I took them off. When I set them to spec, the ATA came in 1/2 long, brace was just short and the draw weight was just under 64#.

I'm thinking that perhaps he just needs to order a new set of strings... Right now I have the cables shorter than spec and the shoot string longer than spec, with a draw of 69# and ATA of 35 1/4" and brace of 7"... so its close. As close as I can get it I think LOL.