Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warranty on older bows?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warranty on older bows?

I posted awhile back about a splintered limb on a 2011 Nemesis, and now I have a question or two.

When the limb splintered I didn't have time to do anything about as I was getting ready for an out of country hunt. Today I decided to dive into it, and today being Saturday I can't call. I'll call Monday.

After looking thru the website I can't find anything about service, parts, or warranty. Any idea whether or not they may still have limbs for this bow?

The nearest dealer listed is about two hours one way and my experience has been that just because their listed doesn't mean much.

I sure wish Joel was still there!

Anybody able to reassure me?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I notice this is listed as my first post. Guess it's been awhile since I posted, but I'm sure it was late June or so.

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as you have your receipt from when you purchased the bow it is covered under their warranty.
    Just call and talk to John Nelson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishingandHuntingUSA View Post
    As long as you have your receipt from when you purchased the bow it is covered under their warranty.
    Just call and talk to John Nelson
    Thanks for the info. I will call Monday morning.

The question remains as to whether I'll have to go thru a dealer or can I get parts shipped direct. I'd bet I'll find out Monday.

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If any thing they will probably want you to ship the bow to them or go through any Bow Shop.
    It does not have to be a Martin Dealer but any bow shop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishingandHuntingUSA View Post
    If any thing they will probably want you to ship the bow to them or go through any Bow Shop.
    It does not have to be a Martin Dealer but any bow shop
    Yeah, I knew that was the way it used to be, but with Joel I never had to do it that way. Probably will now. I'd rather purchase the limbs and do the work myself than have it done thru warranty at a local shop.

Whatever, I like the bow and want to get it back up and running.

Thanks for the replies.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just gonna assume they won't have those limbs anymore, personally, if you love that bow, invest some money and get a set of Barnsdale limbs. You won't ever have to worry about limb problems

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    I'm just gonna assume they won't have those limbs anymore, personally, if you love that bow, invest some money and get a set of Barnsdale limbs. You won't ever have to worry about limb problems
    I've given that some thought as well. Might just end up going that direction.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my bow back after getting the limbs replaced under warranty; the pro shop told me that Martin probably won't be making solid limbs anymore since they are moving towards split limbs for the whole lineup, and that the solid limbs may not be available for warranty replacement much longer. Don't know how it will work if they don't have solid limbs anymore. I almost got a set of Barnesdales, but decided to get it fixed under warranty while I still could...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies.

At this point I'm leaning toward the Barnsdale's.

Thought I'd call Martin today, but had a houseful of company and didn't get to it.

If they have the limbs I want, I'd rather pay Barnsdale and not have to deal with the local "pro"shop. As a matter of fact, I will not deal with the local shop, even if it means the bow goes in the trash heap. I've tried to deal with the local shop, even when they were listed as a Martin dealer, and I won't go thru that again.

I'll make an effort to get hold of Martin again tomorrow. If I can get the limbs under warranty (read "free"), I may do so if I can bypass a shop. I suspect that the limbs are no longer available, and that's OK with me. With the least little hassle, I'll go with the aftermarket limbs at my own expense.

Based on past experience, even if Martin replaces the limbs with like for like, they'll fail again in short order. This is not my first limb rodeo.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.