Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sts shock terminator suppressor

cumminsnm

Default sts shock terminator suppressor

i just got my new fire cat i started to shoot it and about 15 shots my sts shock terminator keeps coming loose and the rubber deal at the end keeps flying off. can someone tell me how it stays on there thanks. THE BOW IS GREAT.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you should play a bit with the position of the STS.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

flytier17

String might be hitting it too hard, and sticking to it, plucking it off when it vibrates maybe?

bigbull1

I put a STS on my 08 Bengal last week, and loved it until yesterday. After about 20 arrows yesterday, something felt a bit different. The rubber bumper is gone. Can't find it either after searching for 20 minutes. I had around 150 arrows shot with the new STS installed.

I called Martin, who said they would send another bumper out right away, which is greatly appreciated. I had it set about 1/8" off the string. I am wondering if it was to close, to far from the string.

Any help/thoughts appreciated.

Ed

geronimo

Did you get the STS from Martin? They told me they didn't have any.

bigbull1

No, I got it from the below archery shop. But it had a Martin hang tag and appeared to be from Martin.with their logo. They are suppose to be available soon directly from Martin.

Dave Cather was the product rep at EZLivin Sports Center that helped me.

Save BIG on our Regular Low Prices that BEAT the Box stores and Mail order WITH SERVICE and SAVING!!
    Website (www.ezlivinsportscenter.com)
    Email (ezlivinsports@msn.com)
    Phone (309) 787-2244
    Address;
    231 West 1st Ave.
    Milan, IL 61264

Ed

geronimo

Thanks Ed, I will call tommorow...

geronimo

I think your suppressor should be resting on the string but not so hard as to pull the string off it's level plane.

Post Thanks / Like

That can be different from bow to bow. You need to try it out. My STS on my Razor sits around 2mm behind the string. I know you do not know how much 2mm are, but.... uhm.... a small sheet of papers. xD
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

legolas

Default sts closeness

There's a couple of things that may be out of whack...
    did you put serving on the string? that helps.
    once the string is properly "served" -I'd suggest that you try to get the rubber bumper as close as possible to the sting but not touching. A piece of paper should slide between the string and the bumper. A business card should "stick". I've heard of some folks liking it a bit looser, but in no event should it be more than 1/8" away from the bumper.
    good luck