Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lithium limbs uneven

Post Thanks / Like

Wscywabbit: Thanks for the welcome! There's a ton of knowledge here and the community is friendly and helpful. I had my brother take some cell phone pics at full draw. It was easy to compare images and the cables come off the flat part of the mods the same on both cams and pretty much as you described so I'll quit worry about that and move on to the draw length mod screws. But now I know how to check timing and can come back here for instruction on how to adjust the cables if needed. Thanks again.
    Martin Lynx (just gave it away)
    Martin Cougar 2000 single cam (yeah, it's old, but it's a heck of a bow)
    Martin Lithum @ 70 lbs, 30"draw -- finally moving into the 21st century

Post Thanks / Like

No worries Coastal, its what we are all here for; archers helping archers. Glad I could help

As for the mod screws, you can either put a little bit of blue loctite (non pemanent) on them to keep them in place, or you can put a little bit of bow wax on them to help them stay put...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

In the back of my mind I was thinking the same thing about the limbs wabbit. Just wanted some second opinions. I would like to thank everyone for their input. Bow is performing awesome and would recommend to anyone looking for something new. Just a little papertuning to do. Shot some 4 in groups at 50 yds today but noticed a little arrow wobble at the longer distances that werent visible at 20 and 30

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I'd follow up. I ended up taking my lithium in to the nearest bowshop -- about 80 miles away. I had previously posted about the cables crossing the draw length mod screws similarly to the OP's pictures. Turned out the timing was off a little bit. Tech said he thought a couple turns of the cable would do it. I didn't ask how many he actually ended up doing but the top cam was advanced. It quieted things down some, too. Now to wait impatiently till opening day....
    Martin Lynx (just gave it away)
    Martin Cougar 2000 single cam (yeah, it's old, but it's a heck of a bow)
    Martin Lithum @ 70 lbs, 30"draw -- finally moving into the 21st century

Post Thanks / Like

Ok after a few problems paper tuning the lithium (could not get rid of a high tear) I noticed what I hoped was just the finish coming off the inside of the top limbs. No such luck though. My top limbs were splintered. Took the bow to my dealer and since I had owned the bow less than a week (maybe 150 shots thru it) he said he would have martin replace it and gave me another bow. That was on Friday. Problem is now after about 75 shots the new lithium has a bottom limb on the new bow is splintered up. Not hairline cracks but shards of fiberglass or what ever they are made from you can catch a fingernail on. Same as last lithium. Now what do I do?
    2014 PSE Drive LT, 68lb, 30.5 in. (AMO)
    2011 MARTIN SABER MAG Bowfishing Rig
    PSE TAKE DOWN RECURVE Bowfishing Backup
    A few more eirlooms I can't name

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a call to Martin is warranted. Give them a call, let them know about the issue. They'll probably have you take it back to your dealer though, but at least if you call them they'll get the news straight from the horses mouth and maybe have some info for you. This is the first issue I've seen or heard of with the new split limb models, and they were introduced for a couple of the 2013 bows... for what its worth.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps